Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,971   Posts: 1,558,623   Online: 1028
      
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 378910111213141516 LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 160
  1. #121
    Poisson Du Jour's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Vic., Australia.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    3,632
    Images
    15
    Chiming in with something I'm after locally, too.
    ICON USA stocks archival quality black masks for mounting transparencies either individually or as pages in 35mm (still highly sought after), 6x6 and 6x7. They are notoriously quiet when making an enquiry. No local dealers in Australia but there are other masks here and there in retail made of plastic (not such a good choice).

    I don't have any trouble sourcing negative/transparency page sleeves locally or in Melbourne, but I understand the situation varies from State to State.


  2. #122

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Gerelong, Australia
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Posts
    546
    Gary,
    I think Zeta Florence in Gertrude Street in Fitzroy stocks them, but I don't know the price.
    Mike

  3. #123
    Poisson Du Jour's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Vic., Australia.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    3,632
    Images
    15
    Ah, yes, Gertrude Street. Yes, silly me. When they are in stock, they are about $25.00 for the 35mm masks (works out at about $1.00 each mask).

    Ever tried to walk down Gertrude Street as a photographer and not be noticed or approached!? Not possible! Darlink, it's the hippest place to be with a camera!


  4. #124
    Ross Chambers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Blue Mountains NSW Australia
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    703
    Quote Originally Posted by Poisson Du Jour View Post
    Ever tried to walk down Gertrude Street as a photographer and not be noticed or approached!? Not possible! Darlink, it's the hippest place to be with a camera!
    In Melbourne.

  5. #125
    w9cae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Melbourne Australia
    Shooter
    35mm
    Posts
    253
    Quote Originally Posted by Ross Chambers View Post
    In Melbourne.

    "YES" Melbourne
    http://maps.google.com.au/maps?clien...ed=0CBUQ8gEwAA

    You will will have to fiddle with the link & select Gertrude & Smith St Collingwood then use street view to see the location.

  6. #126
    hoffy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Adelaide, Australia
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    1,921
    Blog Entries
    1
    Images
    57
    HI Andrew. Any status update? Just curious, that's all.

  7. #127

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posts
    328
    Images
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by hoffy View Post
    HI Andrew. Any status update? Just curious, that's all.
    Hoffy,

    Just trying to get a few things together at the moment. Still waiting on graphic designers/web people to get back to me so i can move ahead at full steam.

    I'll be organising a bulk order of a few products so that i can get some eBay listings prior to the site going online.

    AK

  8. #128

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posts
    623
    I don't live in Australia (yet), so I don't know what buying film is like first hand over there. However, I will say this, make your online buying experience as utterly painless as possible. I avoid companies who insist on cheques in the post, or that I phone with credit card details. You must take credit cards online, allow shipping to addresses not on the card (like a work address), take PayPal and Google Checkout. The number of times I've almost placed an order just to see "Shipping only to card holder's address" and that company just lost that order, and any order after that.

    In the UK, there is loads of choice, so if a company makes the buying experience even slightly painful, they've lost the business because there are 10 other companies doing it much better than they are.

    Also make sure your stock levels are accurately reflected in your website, I've placed orders just to have my money refunded because it turns out they don't have stock.

    Some other tips, maybe break up 5 packs of 120 film? I buy regular films in 5 packs, no problem, but if I just want to try something, it's nice to be able to just buy a roll or two.

  9. #129
    hoffy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Adelaide, Australia
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    1,921
    Blog Entries
    1
    Images
    57
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewkirkby View Post
    Hoffy,

    Just trying to get a few things together at the moment. Still waiting on graphic designers/web people to get back to me so i can move ahead at full steam.

    I'll be organising a bulk order of a few products so that i can get some eBay listings prior to the site going online.

    AK
    Good to know that you are on track! Keep up the good work

  10. #130
    Poisson Du Jour's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Vic., Australia.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    3,632
    Images
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by thegman View Post
    I don't live in Australia (yet), so I don't know what buying film is like first hand over there. However, I will say this, make your online buying experience as utterly painless as possible. I avoid companies who insist on cheques in the post, or that I phone with credit card details. You must take credit cards online, allow shipping to addresses not on the card (like a work address), take PayPal and Google Checkout. The number of times I've almost placed an order just to see "Shipping only to card holder's address" and that company just lost that order, and any order after that.

    In the UK, there is loads of choice, so if a company makes the buying experience even slightly painful, they've lost the business because there are 10 other companies doing it much better than they are.

    Also make sure your stock levels are accurately reflected in your website, I've placed orders just to have my money refunded because it turns out they don't have stock.

    Some other tips, maybe break up 5 packs of 120 film? I buy regular films in 5 packs, no problem, but if I just want to try something, it's nice to be able to just buy a roll or two.



    Cheques for online purchases? You must be joking! That hasn't been an option for years — especially with the advent of online live transaction processing that makes cheques redundant. Even cars are bought with a "plastic fantastic" now.

    "Shipping only to cardholder address" is a security requirement by the card issuers. If an address does not match and the goods are returned undeliverable or reported as never received, where is your recourse? In a way, you're damned if you do and damned if you don't.

    Online purchasing will never be entirely risk-free, secure or painless. Why? The internet was not designed for any three of those, that's why more than 15 years after its birth nothing really goes as smoothly as you hope, but it does work well.




 

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:



Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin