Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,821   Posts: 1,581,699   Online: 973

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 48910111213141516 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Just looking in to see any updates, hope all is going well!
    Gary, checked out your photos, a very relaxing experience, and I must get back to the GOR soon.
    BTW, you must be immune to leeches!

Tony

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    A "very relaxing experience"!? Oh Tony, if only—! Enthusiasm, stamina and willpower (and how to wrangle a camera in awkward situations) yes, but it's far from relaxing with a battalion of leeches clinging this way and that. No, not immune to leeches; just common sense minimises the likelihood of bites.

And, oh yes — I think we're going back into the Otways this Saturday — gird your loins, lads and lassies, another Big Day Out! on the cards...
    Last edited by Poisson Du Jour; 08-30-2010 at 03:05 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    “The photographer must determine how he wants the finished print to look before he exposes the negative.
    Before releasing the shutter, he must seek 'the flame of recognition,' a sense that the picture would reveal
    the greater mystery of things...more clearly than the eyes see."
    ~Edward Weston, 1922.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Hi Andrew,
    I went to Vanbars on Wednesday of last week to get some Rodinal and was told that it had been on back order since March. Is there any chance of getting it through you? thanks mate
    Mike

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Count me as interested. I'm currently a customer of Ag Photographic in the UK, so you're competing with their prices for film; I normally buy 40+ rolls at a time so shipping isn't really a problem unless also buying paper. I'd be very very interested (I would place an order today!) if you could get colour chemicals at a sane price, i.e. similar to what Ag sells them for instead of what Vanbar sells them for, which is 3x as much.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyno View Post
    Hi Andrew,
    I went to Vanbars on Wednesday of last week to get some Rodinal and was told that it had been on back order since March. Is there any chance of getting it through you? thanks mate
    Mike
    PM sent.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by polyglot View Post
    Count me as interested. I'm currently a customer of Ag Photographic in the UK, so you're competing with their prices for film; I normally buy 40+ rolls at a time so shipping isn't really a problem unless also buying paper. I'd be very very interested (I would place an order today!) if you could get colour chemicals at a sane price, i.e. similar to what Ag sells them for instead of what Vanbar sells them for, which is 3x as much.
    Hey Polyglot,

Thanks for your interest.

I'm considering repacking Kodak or Fuji chemicals into my own packaging on an order basis. Do you currently buy chemical kits (eg Kodak or Tetenal)?

AK

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Andrew,
    Mike
    It seems there is no Rodinal or R09 in Australia at the moment. And Freestyle and B&H won't send it internationally. What a stuff up. You could also make money importing & selling Kodak Selenium toner. Does anyone know of a European online retailer that will ship R09 to Australia for a reasonable postage cost?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I haven't bought any kits yet, I'm doing my research now on what chemicals to buy. I want enough to do E-6, C-41 and RA-4. The bulk chemical packages all seem to be in different sizes that (I assume) are appropriate when you're a lab doing replenishing (at differing rates for each bath) but are kind of annoying if you're trying to start a new process or run things in small batches and then discard due to age rather than exhaustion.

Since I have a CPA-2, I don't need room-temp processing but there are those that will want it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Hi Andrew,
    Mike
    Mike, I have a bit of a Rodinal stockpile, so I can probably give you some if you're still desperate. Just let me know.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Thanks Kev,
    Andrew has some and is going to sell me a couple of bottles. That should keep me going for a while.
    Mike

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin