Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,905   Posts: 1,521,337   Online: 1123

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5910111213141516 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyno View Post
    Thanks Kev,
    Andrew has some and is going to sell me a couple of bottles. That should keep me going for a while.
    Mike
    Okay, very good.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Poisson Du Jour View Post
    Cheques for online purchases? You must be joking! That hasn't been an option for years — especially with the advent of online live transaction processing that makes cheques redundant. Even cars are bought with a "plastic fantastic" now.

"Shipping only to cardholder address" is a security requirement by the card issuers. If an address does not match and the goods are returned undeliverable or reported as never received, where is your recourse? In a way, you're damned if you do and damned if you don't.

Online purchasing will never be entirely risk-free, secure or painless. Why? The internet was not designed for any three of those, that's why more than 15 years after its birth nothing really goes as smoothly as you hope, but it does work well.
    Not joking! And I doubt I could find my chequebook even if I wanted to. Also common is having call with card details, which is no good if I'm ordering after office hours (which I very often am).

Shipping to cardholder address, I guess there is always a risk. As someone who lives in a flat, with a little mailbox outside, I get anything over letter size sent to my work, and carry home. If say Amazon will send to my work, and another shop won't, Amazon gets the business. I do much prefer to buy from an independent reseller, but not if it's a far worse buying experience.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Payments will be processed by one of the following:

ANZ Payment gateway (Amex, Visa, MC, Diners)
    Google Checkout
    Paypal
    Electronic Funds Transfer

As for having to call with card details, that's simply not on. All online businesses should be using payment gateways.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    How reassuring, Andrew.
    Besides, somebody from Underbelly might evesdrop on the credit card details if given over the phone.
    Scary.
    My imagination, I mean...
    .::Gary Rowan Higgins

A comfort zone is a wonderful place. But nothing ever grows there.
    —Anon.

Shooter
    35mm
    Although most online shops ask for billing address, it seems that in Australia, that data isn't actually checked (yet).

From my experience of implementing RBS's payment gateway internationally, individual shops can choose whether or not to perform the address check and if so, whether to process a transaction that doesn't match (with a risk flag), or whether to reject all transactions that don't match. I think it's similar with Paypal, not sure about ANZ.

The reason that the check isn't mandatory is to cover the scenario such as when a corporate card could be registered to a company's head office, but orders need to be sent to satellite offices or personal addresses. It also allows for banks that have less advanced IT systems, who haven't implemented technology to perform the check or report back the result to the payment gateway.

There's a separate risk check against shopper IP address to see that the order comes from the same country as the card issuer, which carries more weight during risk assessment. (e.g. an order coming from Nigeria with an Aussie credit card).

Back on topic - Andrew, I'd be a willing customer once you're up and running. No special orders, but plenty of the standard bits and pieces

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    oh a 403 page!!! How long until the site is live?

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    So happy you're using paypal too. Will make ordering things a snap from over here.
    I'll be in the market for some 100' rolls and FB 8x10/11x14 soon. Here's hoping you're up and running when I am!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Initially i will be selling through ebay because of the troubles i am having with web designers etc.

I do have some products on their way from the USA which will be available soon.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Not sure if its been asked, but what about Arista Premium 100 and 400? Any bargain stuff like Freestyle?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Yeah, i have a Freestyle order in the pipeline at the moment.

Also, i have a big Kodak order on the way.

HC-110 and new Kodak Portra 400 are in there... as are T-Max reversal kits..

Plus heaps of other stuff.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin