Switch to English Language Passer en langue franÁaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,871   Posts: 1,583,407   Online: 1077

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567812 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I am definately interested ;-)

Things i would be looking for:
    - Rodinal/R09/Adonal/whatever it is branded as
    - Tmax 400 (35mm and 120)
    - Portra 160nc (120)
    - 9 x12 or 8.5x11 RCVC paper for proofs (8x10 just doesn't cut it)
    - a nice range of fibre paper

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sounds very interested, I'll be following your progress.

My goal in life, is to be as good a person as my dog already thinks I am.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Chemicals and papers will be a big portion of this business. There is only a few places to buy these materials these days. None close to me.

I appreciate all the comments so far.

I'd be keen to become an Ilford/Kodak ULF supplier as well, provided i can convince the right people to sell it to me Maybe Fuji will do ULF too? Hrmm...

Rodinal is definitely on the menu. Fear not!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Money talks, sellers listen. Usually a larger initial order is the norm.
    Good Luck.
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It'd be a good time to evaluate your market, I doubt you'll be getting orders from America and the UK, because all of this stuff is readily available to them at good prices. By the time the northern hemisphere ships it to us and we ship it back to them, any price-competitiveness is probably gone. Japan has Japan Exposures, UK has...well, loads of options, and same with the US. You'll get orders from Australia and New Zealand though - which means you need to evaluate how big your market is there and how much they'll buy. How many ULF shooters are there here in Australia and New Zealand?
    If you sell Fuji/Ilford/Kodak on a reasonable enough scale, I'd say you're obliged to become an official licensed reseller for them through their distribution channels in Australia, but that would be further down the line. I imagine this is gonna require quite a large lump sum investment in one blow to get it off the ground though.
    The Analogue Laboratory, or 'so you built a darkroom in an old factory in the industrial zone'.
    Blog thing!.

Worry less. Photograph more.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If you do continue to do Ebay, you can market your store to the new customers you get via the ebay transactions. If they have a good business transaction with you on Ebay, they'd probably be glad to visit your ecommerce store for their next order or for more items.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleath View Post
    It'd be a good time to evaluate your market, I doubt you'll be getting orders from America and the UK, because all of this stuff is readily available to them at good prices. By the time the northern hemisphere ships it to us and we ship it back to them, any price-competitiveness is probably gone. Japan has Japan Exposures, UK has...well, loads of options, and same with the US. You'll get orders from Australia and New Zealand though - which means you need to evaluate how big your market is there and how much they'll buy. How many ULF shooters are there here in Australia and New Zealand?
    If you sell Fuji/Ilford/Kodak on a reasonable enough scale, I'd say you're obliged to become an official licensed reseller for them through their distribution channels in Australia, but that would be further down the line. I imagine this is gonna require quite a large lump sum investment in one blow to get it off the ground though.
    While I totally agree with you there, I think the biggest drama is the last statement. I believe that becoming an official supplier through their Australian channels is where most of the drama is in the first place.

mdm

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    You could try selling on trademe.co.nz to get NZ orders. It is a lot nicer than ebay which does not have a prescence here. All photographic stuff is very expensive here and people would support you if the price was right. There is someone selling chinese 120 film to the Holga crowd on trademe. I would consider the auction sites nothing more than advertising and use them to drive traffic to a free standing site.

I use FP4 and TMY in 4x5 mostly. The only chemical I buy is fixer, powdered would make shipping easy. C41 film and chemicals would be nice.

Good Luck
    David

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by hoffy View Post
    While I totally agree with you there, I think the biggest drama is the last statement. I believe that becoming an official supplier through their Australian channels is where most of the drama is in the first place.
    It really is, remember how long it took to convince C.R. Kennedy to import SFX200? And Kodak Australia still wont bring Ektar 100 into the country in any format...The official distribution channels are kinda screwing us over, but I'm not sure what your legal obligations might be as an operating business.
    Does ADOX have an Australian distributor?
    The Analogue Laboratory, or 'so you built a darkroom in an old factory in the industrial zone'.
    Blog thing!.

Worry less. Photograph more.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleath View Post
    It really is, remember how long it took to convince C.R. Kennedy to import SFX200? And Kodak Australia still wont bring Ektar 100 into the country in any format...The official distribution channels are kinda screwing us over, but I'm not sure what your legal obligations might be as an operating business.
    I am sure that Andrew will sort this out, but my impression is that if you can import it yourself, there is no legal responsibility to the official channel in Australia. How else would the grey import electronics good business work? The only come back would be that the official channel will probably offer no support in the case of warranties, ect....which in this case is a non issue.

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567812 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  ó   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin