Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,233   Posts: 1,532,918   Online: 1014

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678913 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    FWIW, there is a somewhat similar issue in Canada. The problem isn't with respect to another importer's obligations to an official distributor, it is with respect to the manufacturer or major distributor's obligations to that official distributor - you may be asking a manufacturer or major distributor to breach an exclusivity clause in a contract they have with the official local distributor.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    It is not my place to rubbish the manufacturer's distribution here in Australia, no matter how good or bad they are. It is my business to provide the freshest product at a competitive price and hopefully make film more accessible.

Ektar is a big seller and I'm not sure why they don't bring it in. My dad says it's the best neg film he's ever used and i find the results particularly pleasing to the eye.

Film will be sourced from authorised distributors or the manufacturer directly.

AK

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    It all sounds very exciting. I'm interested in film from 35mm up to 4 x 5, also paper and chemistry.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    If you stock Kodak products, especially HC-110, I think that a lot of people will be very happy

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Hi Andrew, I buy Ektar 100 in 4x5" & 120, TXP320 in 4x5", and Plus-X in 120 from Freestyle a couple of. times a year - I'd certainly support a local business if your price and service were as good as Freestyle's is!!

Marc!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Does sound great, and I hope it gets going. I would like to see the Adox papers as well as the Agfa chemicals. At the moment I buy most of my film from Steven (cheapshots AU) and chemicals and paper from Les Porter, who is great to deal with. I think success here may lie in the somewhat less easy to source materials, rather than things like Ilford & Foma.
    Most of the fibre paper that I use, Emaks, Gallerie etc. I get from Freestyle, but as you say, the post is prohibitive.
    BTW, I am happy to pay a bit extra from a local source.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Hi Andrew. I buy color neg. only in 5"x4". I'm just trying out a 10 box of Ektar 100 and a 10 Box of Portra NC 400 but my usual film is Portra VC 160 in large boxes. I have been buying from Badger Graphics and in lots of 200 sheets to minimise the shipping per sheet.
    I am nearly ready to make another buy of 100 or 200 sheets, I hope you're selling when I'm ready to buy.
    Kodak and Agfa have both stopped selling C41 color neg. development chemical kits in AU and the other manufacturers prices are a joke. I have imported individual dry chems. and make up my own solutions. Perhaps you can arrange an alternative.
    Peter.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I don't think ADOX has a local distributor - last time I wanted to get some film from my local store, they looked it up online from OS and priced it accordingly. Worked out even more expensive than TMax per roll, so I gave it a miss.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Good luck Andrew. I'm keen on Tri-X and Portra films in 4x5 and 5x7 particularly....

Jon

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Ektar has extremely good prices from some sellers in the UK, like silverprint in 120 last I checked.

I also just bought some Ektacolor 160 in 120 off ebay for ~$2.25 AUD per roll including delivery.

That might sell due to its low price, I also love Shanghai and ERA films, but theyre cheap and quick enough on shipping from ebay anyway.

I'd like a healthy 120 range, some of the ADOX and Efke range (like AURA IR) would be nice, and Rollei 80s.

Since when has Kodak stopped selling C-41? There is still relabelled Agfa stuff too.

And chems are VERY good prices from Vanbar, Fuji and Kodak chems are great prices, so is Agfa or mix your own bleach, Kodak E-6 fix for fixer, and mix your own stab or Kodak stabiliser.

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678913 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin