Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,849   Posts: 1,582,829   Online: 699

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891014 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Instant Films
    Shipping costs are the thing that lean me toward buying films from Ebay sellers O/S as I find the local shipping fees too high (maybe I'm tight?). I've been reluctant to use the big American stores as they won't post to a PO box which is no good for me as I can't have parcels arrive at home. I also reckon there is an increase in people willing to do their own C41 processing yet finding the easy to use kits seems difficult in Australia. I suspect also E6 kits might become more popular. Maybe also that sort of item would be good?. Places like Vanbar are great for price and service etc but I find their online shopping site clunky.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm not a businessman's bootlace, so my ideas about this proposal are to be taken with a grain or more of salt.

I believe, as a number of respondents have posted, that the freight cost from Freestyle etc. is a problem, although it is nice to have the consignment turn up so quickly. I could and do anticipate my needs and I could wait for a lower grade of mail service.

From time to time someone in Oz offers a deal for bulk ordering so as to minimise postage, I believe that a coordinated and rationalised version of this would be great, but I'm reluctant to ask anyone to devote their working life to it.

For what it's worth I buy Fomapan 200, and Kodak 320 TXP 5x7" Kodak 120 TriX and Kodak TriX 35mm from Freestyle.

I imagine that 5x7" is a pretty small market in Australia.

BTW Vanbar are not great for price for my usual filmstocks although service (Sydney style anyway) is fine. The online site did improve a few weeks ago, but I fear the temptation to overload it from the propellorheads will make it clunky again soon.

Regards - Ross

San Francisco, CA | Kuching, MY | Jakarta, ID
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    So Andrew, I guess my idea was a good one? :-)
    Stop worrying about grain, resolution, sharpness, and everything else that doesn't have a damn thing to do with substance.

http://www.flickr.com/kediwah

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Clayne, an excellent idea

Honestly, i'm very keen to get this up and running with a few products bought in bulk within the next few weeks. I'll have an update in about a week

Site is under construction at the moment.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I purchase Ilford FP4+ and HP5+ 5x4 in 100 sheet boxes from Badger, cheapest way to purchase the product I know of.

Landed price to my door is 48% cheaper than if bought locally, understanding of course that it is only available in 25 sheet boxes in Australia.

Have you thought of 100 sheet boxes?

Basically it is a deeper box that holds 4 x 25 sheet plastic envelopes of FP4+ or HP5+ film, brilliant way of purchasing film.

I have Kodak Tmax 100, 100 sheet boxes as well, just using up the last box now. I think Kodak stopped the 100 sheet boxes about 15 years ago.

As for Ilford film in Australia, well the official distributor for this country (C. R. Kennedy) does not have any mention of Ilford film at all on their website. In fact if you do a search for Ilford film(s) on their site, you draw a blank. If you put the word Ilford in, you only get electronic products. If you put FP4+ you draw a complete blank on each search category.

Not bad for the official importer, eh?

Mick.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Foto-Reisel were going to import Adox products, in fact an ad in Silvershotz listed them as the local distributor for MCC. When I phoned the sales guy said that they were waiting for more interest before stocking it!?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Oh, and Mick, I always thought 25 sheet boxes were a waste of space, bring back the 100's.

LJH

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Any chance of Pyrocat developers?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I'll be stocking a wide range of film and paper developers, even going so far as to remake developers that no longer exist and pack/have them made commercially.

I'm also keen on Diafine and i want to promote that extensively.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If in time the business prospers, you may wish to become an official outlet of an overseas raw chemical photographic supplier, at some stage.

I make my own developers for film and paper from stock chemicals. Been making film developers from stock chemicals for close to 25 years now. Paper developers I have just started in the last few years to mix my own, should have done it years ago.

Mick.

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891014 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin