Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,891   Posts: 1,520,851   Online: 1153

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    At the top of my wish list would be Efke 25 8x10, Ilford 8x10 Multigrade FB and Rodinal. I can't get the Efke or the Rodinal from my local "pro" store and it takes a week or more to get 8x10 Ilford FB from Melbourne through them. I wish you all the best Andrew, and I will buy from you if you go ahead with this.
    cheers
    Mike

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Efke 25 seems to be quite a popular one - and Rodinal/Adonal/One Shot developer. It's a bit hard to come by in these parts.

I'm also working on an inhouse formula of compensating developer to compliment the more commonly available products. Will be testing this in the coming weeks and hopefully selling as a packed powder.

San Francisco, CA | Kuching, MY | Jakarta, ID
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewkirkby View Post
    Efke 25 seems to be quite a popular one - and Rodinal/Adonal/One Shot developer. It's a bit hard to come by in these parts.

I'm also working on an inhouse formula of compensating developer to compliment the more commonly available products. Will be testing this in the coming weeks and hopefully selling as a packed powder.
    Andrew, I know more than a few people in both Malaysia and Indonesia who might also be interested. Especially friends in Jakarta. Film and chemicals in general.
    Stop worrying about grain, resolution, sharpness, and everything else that doesn't have a damn thing to do with substance.

http://www.flickr.com/kediwah

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by clayne View Post
    Andrew, I know more than a few people in both Malaysia and Indonesia who might also be interested. Especially friends in Jakarta. Film and chemicals in general.
    That will be no problem. Shipping from Australia is quite reasonably priced. In contrast to shipping from the USA, Approximately 50% less than converted US dollar shipping amounts for the same products from large online retailers.

Some chemicals will pose no problem and can be sent by Airmail, others might have to be sent via surface mail - about 3 weeks to Indonesia or Malaysia.
    Bleach and large containers of liquid would be in this category.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick Fagan View Post
    If in time the business prospers, you may wish to become an official outlet of an overseas raw chemical photographic supplier, at some stage.

I make my own developers for film and paper from stock chemicals. Been making film developers from stock chemicals for close to 25 years now. Paper developers I have just started in the last few years to mix my own, should have done it years ago.

Mick.
    I also mix up my own and would be looking for raw chemicals.
    At the moment I am in the UK and am very happy buying from Silverprint & (lately also) AG Photographic.
    We are planning to sell up and move to QLD this year (flat already up for sale) though and having already been in a mild panic about the cost of film in Oz (I was thinking to bring a couple of hundred reels with me) I would love to support a business such as you are proposing.
    When I get there that is...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BoxBrownie View Post
    I also mix up my own and would be looking for raw chemicals.
    At the moment I am in the UK and am very happy buying from Silverprint & (lately also) AG Photographic.
    We are planning to sell up and move to QLD this year (flat already up for sale) though and having already been in a mild panic about the cost of film in Oz (I was thinking to bring a couple of hundred reels with me) I would love to support a business such as you are proposing.
    When I get there that is...
    Whereabouts in Queensland are you considering a move to?

I'll happily help you out with whatever you need

Also, i'm investigating a large range of FB papers at the moment & also instant films. Will have more news soon

Shooter
    35mm
    how about arista premium from freestyle?? It's apparently repackaged tri-x as im sure you know.

I havent seen it for sale anywhere except freestyle, but at $2 a roll for 35mm, you could be buying bulk amounts and selling them cheap and still make a profit.

Hell, if I knew it was being done right, I'd buy it in blank canisters loaded from 100 foot long bulk rolls. there's gotta be a profit made there for sure

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Mate, I'd be interested, and if Malaysians can buy from you then surely Kiwis can too!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I want Velvia and Provia and ACROS too. At more sensible prices than a $7 to $9 difference between one dealer and the next.
    *throws hissy fit*
    That does it. I must get on to cheapshots_au; the much-vaunted pro-dealer thinks I'm a niche commodity with pockets lined of gold ducats. Wrong-g-g-g-g-g.
    .::Gary Rowan Higgins

A comfort zone is a wonderful place. But nothing ever grows there.
    —Anon.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mookout View Post
    how about arista premium from freestyle?? It's apparently repackaged tri-x as im sure you know.

I havent seen it for sale anywhere except freestyle, but at $2 a roll for 35mm, you could be buying bulk amounts and selling them cheap and still make a profit.

Hell, if I knew it was being done right, I'd buy it in blank canisters loaded from 100 foot long bulk rolls. there's gotta be a profit made there for sure
    If i can buy it for a price which enables me to resell at a competitive price, i'll get it in.

I am running into a brick wall trying to buy bulk Fuji products. Fuji Australia are not interested.

Everything else is looking good. Oriental Seagull Fiber & Resin papers are going to be a key line. I'm going to try and get their RA-4 B&W too

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin