Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,974   Posts: 1,523,602   Online: 916

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewkirkby View Post
    Oriental Seagull Fiber & Resin papers are going to be a key line.
    Now this is exciting

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This sounds very promising to me. If you can get RA4 chems in small quantities at resonable prices I'd be very grateful too!

Oh, and having bought some kr64 from Andrew in the past off ebay I can vouch for his customer service

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If i can buy it for a price which enables me to resell at a competitive price, i'll get it in.

I am running into a brick wall trying to buy bulk Fuji products. Fuji Australia are not interested.

Everything else is looking good. Oriental Seagull Fiber & Resin papers are going to be a key line. I'm going to try and get their RA-4 B&W too

Sock it to 'em!
    Go through Fuji Japan. Contrary to what Australian importers and distributors think, we are not a vanishing species. The variable pricing I come across is bizarre. Somebody up there (in Australia) is gouging analogue photographers.
    .::Gary Rowan Higgins

A comfort zone is a wonderful place. But nothing ever grows there.
    —Anon.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Everything else is looking good. Oriental Seagull Fiber & Resin papers are going to be a key line. I'm going to try and get their RA-4 B&W too
    Wow, have always wanted to try this line out - but never been able to secure at a reasonable price! Look forward to updates.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ozphoto View Post
    Wow, have always wanted to try this line out - but never been able to secure at a reasonable price! Look forward to updates.
    It is an excellent product. It will be more affordable, i promise you.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Poisson Du Jour View Post
    I want Velvia and Provia and ACROS too. At more sensible prices than a $7 to $9 difference between one dealer and the next.
    *throws hissy fit*
    That does it. I must get on to cheapshots_au; the much-vaunted pro-dealer thinks I'm a niche commodity with pockets lined of gold ducats. Wrong-g-g-g-g-g.
    Your needs will be served.

That said, the reason they are charging so much is because they have to. The suppliers are unwilling to actually sell the products for a reasonable price. Everyone is still stuck in the 1980s

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Best wishes for your venture!

I have spent the past few weeks surveying suppliers in NZ for consumables and was very disappointed. I will be a customer of yours so long as the prices are competitive and the shipping costs honest and fair

Go well . . . .

Cheers
    Alistair

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair Wait View Post
    Best wishes for your venture!

I have spent the past few weeks surveying suppliers in NZ for consumables and was very disappointed. I will be a customer of yours so long as the prices are competitive and the shipping costs honest and fair

Go well . . . .

Cheers
    Alistair
    Alistair,

Shipping to NZ from Sydney is not all that much more than local shipping.

I will endeavour to make film more accessible for you

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Whereabouts in Queensland are you considering a move to?

I'll happily help you out with whatever you need

Also, i'm investigating a large range of FB papers at the moment & also instant films. Will have more news soon
    Well, first we'll likely be spending a couple of months in a tiny place called Inglewood near(ish) Toowoomba as my wife is from from there it could well be Brisbane or who knows actually?
    I will be after FB papers as well by then. I'm going to Silverprint in London this weekend to have a look at the various Adox, Foma, Ilford types as I've only printed RC so far.
    Foma Variant 123 looks interesting as does the Adox Vario Classic and Ilford MG Warmtone.
    Film - I'm quite stuck on Fomapan 100/200 and HP5+ which looks like it costs a small fortune in Australia.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I just signed up to give my support to this venture! I have considered doing it myself over here, but I think the market would be too small, Aus is a better place to base the operations.

I too have had nightmares trying to source consumables locally, people are either not interested, or its super expensive. The one thing that seems to work well here is Fujifilm, they are totally happy to sell Colour paper at least direct to consumers, havn't tried film.

I am interested in Colour neg in 4x5, mainly Portra NC, and C-41 chems. Also basic BnW supplies would be welcome, like d76, dektol, paper, a few different BnW sheet films etc.
    Last edited by JamesF; 07-09-2010 at 08:13 PM. Click to view previous post history.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin