Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,840   Posts: 1,582,528   Online: 994

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

8X10" paper safe ... source in Oz?

Can anyone point me in the right direction? I'm just after one of those cheap plastic units. I would need to have the item posted to me in Adelaide ... I've already tried the obvious local supplier ... "tits on a bull!" ... err sorry ... Less than interested ...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Vanbar?

Shooter
    35mm
    Hi Ashley ... They only have those double drawer models which are hundreds of dollars ... What do you use?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Me, I use the paper boxes! And, yes, its a pain in the preverbial, as I do the old one sheet at a time process.

Actually, where did you go? I think that Totals at Kent town may actually have them. Probably over priced, but I think they had one with the consumables.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Next time you need to order film, paper, etc, get it from B&H or similar and add a paper safe to your order. Not sure you'll find a reasonably priced one around here...

Ian

Shooter
    35mm
    Ashley ... I tend to spend the whole day at it when printing and I'm just over the whole tedious paper handling dance ... I've had some promising PMs re private sales of safes so maybe I can do a deal ... Which local supplier? ... err ... don't start me up
    Cheers
    Greg

Shooter
    35mm
    Ian ... yep ... good idea ... I've done that sort of thing in the past when buying from Freestyle ...but I want it yesterday

Shooter
    35mm
    Greg, if you don't want to pay a lot for one yesterday from Vanbar I can only suggest you look almost daily at the darkroom stuff on Ebay, it's where I got my expensive 8x10 double-drawer job for just $50 (a seller in Adelaide actually), they do pop up now & then. I've seen two more there since I got mine. You really have to take a quick look almost every day, which I do out of curiosity anyway. You'll find one, not yesterday perhaps, but you'll find one.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    fleabay is a good option.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I have hardly ever seen a film safe come up for auction, not in recent times

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin