Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,875   Posts: 1,520,226   Online: 1162

Shooter
    Multi Format

Sony Nex-5 ads and Sekonic prop

Has anyone looked at the press ads for this camera? Apart from the agency's idea of a professional (or a Newtown-ite) they have used a Sekonic meter dangling around his neck as a prop. I have asked Sony whether I need a $700-800 meter to use this camera: I await their answer.

Then I can ask them if their prospective customers would treat a meter as casually as this, and whether I or the camera make exposure decisions.

End of bilious post (maybe I should join Kevin 07 in hospital)

Regards - Ross

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sounds like a travesty only a half-baked ad agency would dream up.
    Though not that ad, I have watched several Canon EOS Digital ads in the last few days that have really got up my craw. Pretentious, misrepresentative and half-truthful would be the start of my rant about these irritating ads that purport to make instant professionals out of couch potatoes.

Haven't seen the Sony ad, or maybe I have in between so much other drivel parading as 'entertainment' on the box. Will keep a closer eye on what is coughed up in the adverts.
    .::Gary Rowan Higgins

A comfort zone is a wonderful place. But nothing ever grows there.
    —Anon.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    That one has got me in lather too, Gary. It soes nothing to tell you that you need to have a good eye (at least one) for composition, and some talent. It also means that we will be forced to look at more and more rubbish to get to the few really good photos that these "snappers" take.
    Mike

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin