Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,197   Posts: 1,531,433   Online: 810

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format

"Everlasting Moments" Film

This beautiful film about a woman in early 20C Sweden who finds refuge from her violent when drunk husband by discovering photography with a Contessa plate camera is currently showing in a very few cinemas in Sydney. As well as a great film it is superbly photographed. Highly recommended.

Regards - Ross

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I just got The Dish here in the USA and it came with free HBO/Showtime, etc for 3 months. Not sure what channel it was, but one of them showed this film recently so it might still be on the schedule. I'd also highly recommend it. Cheers, Richard

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I saw it when it came out in the theaters...enjoyed it very much.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I wonder if its available at Netflix?
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yes, I should of checked before asking, it is available at Netfix.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If you can, see it in a cinema. I see that Netflix offers Blue Ray but I didn't check this title. However, up close, with the picture at your peripheral vision parameters and surround sound Dolby style (and with a few strangers from the human race with you) it cleaves more to the APUG experience.

BTW I understand that it was shot in 16mm (but I suspect super 16mm) to achieve its photographic qualities, or perhaps to save money.

Regards - Ross

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Very good movie!
    I showed it last fall. Liked it a lot.

I agree. Watch it in the cinema. A large screen is more immersive. That's the point of movies, isn't it?

It was shot on Super-16 and blown up to 35mm for distribution via digital intermediate. The aspect ratio is 1.85:1, the standard "widescreen" format for must U.S. theaters.

More info here: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0961066/technical
    Randy S.

In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.

-----

http://www.flickr.com/photos/randystankey/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Well, if its a good story, good acting, good directing, it will still be good on my 19".

I have not been to the cinema in 30 years and don't miss it. To each their own.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Worker 11811 View Post
    Very good movie!
    I showed it last fall. Liked it a lot.

I agree. Watch it in the cinema. A large screen is more immersive. That's the point of movies, isn't it?

It was shot on Super-16 and blown up to 35mm for distribution via digital intermediate. The aspect ratio is 1.85:1, the standard "widescreen" format for must U.S. theaters.

More info here: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0961066/technical
    Thanks for the super 16mm confirmation. I'm pleased to see that it's not a dead standard, and could be a happy marriage with digital postproduction.

BTW in my short and unhappy time with a consumer minilab I was upbraided for asking customers whether they wanted a print "blown up" as was the motion picture production term. "Enlarged" was the preferred expression. These days offering to blow up a print might have me in a terrorist cell at the local lock-up.

I wonder how many figured the references to Kropotkin in the film? He was a peaceable soul and out of character in this film, Bakunin was the dodgy violent one (in his thoughts anyway)

Regards - Ross

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Fotch, I can understand why you say that. Many theaters today are little more than teen hangouts with video games and pizza shops which don't play very many movies with substance at all. To be honest, I don't like watching movies in that atmosphere, either.

Add to that, most movie theaters are staffed by minimum wage high school and college students who don't give a damn about their jobs. They'd just as soon run film through a meat grinder as they would properly thread a projector.

It's no wonder that people are flocking away from theaters and staying home. Confidentially, I do it too.

If I might suggest, an independent or repertory theater might be more your style. They show better films in a more adult atmosphere and they hire more competent employees.

I find it interesting to think that many people will spend $1,000 on a flat screen TV, $500 on a home theater sound system and another $250 on a Blu-Ray player, not considering that they could have spent $50 per week for almost 9 months, watching movies in a theater, before they would repay their investment in a home theater system. They don't have to go to the video store. (Which might be just as far away as a movie theater.) They won't have to pop their own popcorn or make their own snacks. They won't have to worry about hooking up and operating the equipment. All they'll have to do is walk in, sit down and watch a movie. When they are done, they don't even have to clean up after themselves. They can just leave their cups in the cup holders and their empty popcorn bags on the floor.

Certainly watch a movie wherever you want to. I just think that the movie industry is doing itself a big disservice excluding customers which provide long-term income in favor of short-term profits. Why can't they keep an eye out for long term income which will keep them solvent for the future AND profit from the latest trends? The empty suits that run the movie business are very soon going to find themselves also running a bunch of empty theaters if they aren't careful.
    Randy S.

In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.

-----

http://www.flickr.com/photos/randystankey/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin