Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,592   Posts: 1,546,056   Online: 909

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Melbourne Camera Club Traditional Darkroom Printmakers Exhibition

Just a heads up for the people in Melbourne, it's the opening of the 10th Annual Melbourne Camera Club Traditional Darkroom Printmakers Exhibition this weekend (Saturday, 21st August). The exhibition will be opened by Age and ABC journalist and photographer Terry Lane at 2.30pm (although the doors will open at 12.30pm) at the club rooms which are on the corner of Ferrars and Dorcas streets, South Melbourne. Melway: 2K A3.

Those who cannot make it on Saturday will have the opportunity to visit the exhibitions on Sunday 22nd, Saturday 28th, or Sunday 29th August between 2pm and 5pm.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Interesting, Terry was, and is to me, a radio broadcaster!

However he has had the Green Guide column for some time now, so I suppose it's almost relevant, considering the content of that column.

I could get there, vote at nine, coffee in Albert Park at ten, head there at noon and await the doors opening.

Leave before the official stuff starts.

Thanks for the notice.

Mick.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well I'll be there around then, I need to put a new fan in the darkroom

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Never seen the darkroom, is it any good?

Mick.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Terry Lane makes snide remarks about people who 'persist' with darkrooms in every second column he writes. He wonders why anyone would want to get their hands wet in this wonderful age of digi-heaven when perfection is just a click away. I imagine he must have suffered some terrible trauma in a darkroom in his formative years. He seems a strange choice to open a wet based photography exhibition...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick Fagan View Post
    Never seen the darkroom, is it any good?

Mick.
    I'll show you, it got 35mm up to 4x5 enlargers, big sink, it good

Shooter
    Medium Format
    yeah make it down everyone, help me hang/fix up prints and fold copies of the catalogue.... I'll be there from 11.30

thanks Shane for posting

Shooter
    Medium Format
    vote labor...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Not too bad an exhibition, there were four or five prints I quite liked, overall, a good representation of a normal cross section of photographers.

Saw the darkroom, thanks Shane. Quite impressive for a club set-up and would be worth being a member of if you didn't have your own darkroom and lived reasonably close.

Mick.

Geelong & Castlemaine, Victoria, Australia
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Very well l laid out for a Club exhibition, and I had the good fortune of bumping into a couple of colleagues from long ago (2003). No sign of Shane, though: tch, tch: naughty! Never bolt into the blue on opening day!!

My favourite was an atmospheric infrared monochrome print of an old home near Pyalong, closely followed by a blue-tinted print of derelict wagon wheels. The whole exhibition was of a quality that made the travel up and back from Geelong well worth while. Nice vino, too...

Not keen about the choice of Terry Lane in the context of traditional photographic production.
    .::Gary Rowan Higgins

A comfort zone is a wonderful place. But nothing ever grows there.
    —Anon.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin