Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 72,466   Posts: 1,597,457   Online: 790

Shooter
    Multi Format

Heads Up: Mamiya 6 at Michaels

I had a little bit of slack time to fill in the (Melbourne) CBD yesterday, and as is my wont if I'm in the area, I went and had a look in Michaels window. I like looking at the second-hand windows at Michaels because it gives me some light entertainment looking at their price tags, and there is sometimes some interesting or rare gear to look at; I haven't actually bought anything there for many many years.

To cut to the chase, I noticed yesterday that they currently have a Mamiya 6 with 3 lenses - 50, 75, and 150 - which has a price tag of $2,199. Now I'm not in the market for a Mamiya 6, mainly because I can't afford it, but that price looked not unreasonable to me for what it is. So I checked with the benchmark - KEH - and it seems that it is a fairly reasonable price for such a setup. If you are in the market for a Mamiya 6 and you are in Oz it might be worth looking at.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I saw one yesterday at the camera fair in Box Hill for $750, with 1 lens. Though I kept their business card, and details to myself as I want to buy it

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Nothing in Michaels window is cheap in relation to what it is. True as you said, good for a bit of a giggle now and then. I generally source long and hard elsewhere. Would suggest going a few doors up to Camera Exchange; they recently had a Mamiya RB67 kit with 4 lenses (!), spare 6x6 back and bracket, Excellent ++ for $900. Sold after a fortnight.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Whenever I come down to Melbourne I go and have a look at the Michael's window....their prices are Dreamland...but obviously some must pay them...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Athiril View Post
    I saw one yesterday at the camera fair in Box Hill for $750, with 1 lens. Though I kept their business card, and details to myself as I want to buy it

Cough up ze details for your poor comrades, or I'll send in The Heavies!

Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    Images
    There's a Mamiya 6 with 75 and 150 for around 1000US

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin