Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,970   Posts: 1,523,532   Online: 849

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    LJH

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jjphoto View Post
    Prism in North Melb has been around for a long time. I always used them when I was shooting film and they always did a great job. If any one is looking for alternatives then definitely give Prism a call.

JJ
    I'll second this. They're not Funky/Hip like Lab X WAS, but they're still trading!!

Tues/Thurs E-6 processing, I think.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Joachim_I View Post
    I have only good experience with Vanbar in Carlton.
    I tried Vanbar on Joachim's recommendation, and have to say I'm quite happy with the result. E6 in one lunchtime, pickup the next - haven't tried C41 yet. And they are easily reachable by tram from the CBD within a lunch hour (Carlton store, not North Melbourne). I guess it boils down to convenience - where you are coming from and how you get there.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    hmmm "account suspended" still pops up on its home page.
    Has any member here received any info from LabX since their closure?

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    I got a aphone message from my friend who was working there. He told me that he wasn't going to be able to process my 8x10 trannies and that he wanted to get them back to me, so that I couyld get them processed elsewhere. That surely sounds as though they're out of business.
    Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by LJH View Post
    I'll second this. They're not Funky/Hip like Lab X WAS, but they're still trading!!

Tues/Thurs E-6 processing, I think.

The three busybodies that beaver away at PRISM do not have to be funky/hip to be very good — instead, they are all very knowledgeable, productive and attentive in daily dealings. Nearby pros (wedding, commercial) swear by them.
    Trust me, I am the original customer from hell, and surprise, surprise, PRISM has managed to please me with (especially) their printing and service. Others in the mists of time have literally been stapled to the wall, tarred and feathered and used as darts practice.

Lab X is indeed gone. Spelt g-o-n-e. Funky, hip grooves are out. Professionalism is in.
    .::Gary Rowan Higgins

A comfort zone is a wonderful place. But nothing ever grows there.
    —Anon.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I did recently get my slides back from Prism and was happy with the results-probably because the slides were sleeveworthy IMO , Price wise they were ok too!

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Well I guess it seems like they are not re-opening, a real shame as it was a great lab, used to go there quite a bit.
    Film's not dead, it's just got a negative image.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I just rang Bond Imaging, and they certainly do 4x5" C41 processing ($7.20 per sheet) - I mentioned that LabX seemed to have disappeared off the face of the earth, and the woman I spoke to said they were getting quite a few former LabX clients...
    Also, Bond Imaging is much closer to my house!!

Marc!
    Marc Morel
    photographie argentique!
    ------------
    http://mrmarcmorel.wordpress.com/

llb

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Make a statement Lab X! Sheesh!!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin