Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,533   Posts: 1,572,697   Online: 848

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

Does anyone in Melbourne "need" a Durst Laborator 1000...?

Call me crazy, but how could I NOT buy the AC1200 that just came up rather cheaply on ebay, and in Lilydale too...? (no answer required here).

But now, a home will be needed for my old clunky Durst Laborator 1000 - currently running with a homemade LED lamphouse (which I will probably hang onto for further experiments), but I have the original condensers and condenser lamp house in storage somewhere also. The last Durst 4x5" enlarger I parted with went to a very happy home.

The deal is - you pick it up (it IS quite heavy, but when the column is removed from the board, it will fit in a boot or hatchback). I can bring it into the city, where I am every weekday... Will happily trade for a slab.

Marc!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Please ignore!
    Last edited by OldBikerPete; 11-25-2010 at 09:47 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Is that a message to yourself Pete? I well sympathise...

Marc!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If you were in Sydney, and if I had somewhere to put the beast...

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by munz6869 View Post
    Is that a message to yourself Pete? I well sympathise...

Marc!
    I have a darkroom - purpose-built, but no enlarger for some time as I sold off my
    6x6 color enlarger and all my ancillary bits when I decided to restrict film use to 5x4 and my printing to inkjet.
    A 5x4 enlarger in exchange for a slab is a huge temptation. But then you're keeping the LED head and it's B&W only and do I really want to get into wet process again. But I've seen some really nice B&W prints lately and think 'I used to make prints as good as that' yada yada. Couple that with frustration at the slow progress of recuperation after shoulder surgery and resultant no photo expeditions for the last three months and none for a nother three.

Aaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrggggghhhhh!

Peter.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    No, although I'm tempted to get a second L1200 if one comes up with an Ilford MG head, but I don't want to be chasing two different sorts of Durst accessories. Having said that, if anybody would rather a 138 (but sadly, no condensors) or a much more compact Astron 5x4 then a similar (or cheaper) deal could be arranged. That would clear a little space in my garage.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well, I don't 'need' one, and would much rather see it go to someone who actually has a true need, but if you have trouble finding a happy home I will happily stick my hand up for it. Have had the thought of adding an extra enlarger to the darkroom for when there's more than one person working in there.

My goal in life, is to be as good a person as my dog already thinks I am.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Ha ha - Good onya Steve - I won't pick up the "new" one for a few days, so we'll wait and see - otherwise, to Geelong it goes!!

Marc!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well, I kind of hope it finds a new home, like I said, would much rather it go to someone who is in need than just to my greedy self, but anything to save a good piece from the junk heap :P If it does end up coming my way, I'll be 'over east' in a couple weekends, visiting folks around Bayswater. We'll see what happens...

My goal in life, is to be as good a person as my dog already thinks I am.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'll be happy to fit it into my darkroom planned for next year if nobody else wants it...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin