Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,688   Posts: 1,548,692   Online: 1199

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Adelaide APUGers: SASA Graduate exhibition

Just a heads up for the South Australians - the South Australian School of Art's Graduate exhibition is on now. The photography department has the work of more than two dozen emerging photographers (and me) and the the best of it is analogue. There's polaroid work, platinum prints, photogravure, gum dichromates, tricolour gums (the most impressive of the bunch) and even some panoramic work made with a box brownie. Apart from that a lot of the other work was shot with Hasselblads on film. Half a dozen of my classmates were working with 4x5", but not all of that ended up in the graduate exhibition. Film is alive and well in our three darkrooms - come and support us. Most of the work is for sale if you feel like owning some art too

It's on until the 15th of December on Level 5 of the Kaurna building (take the lifts) in Fenn Place, just off Hindley street (next to the Worldsend pub). You can also take the tram to the City West stop and just walk up to the SAMSTAG Museum and turn left - the Kaurna building is the one with the Aroma cafe. The SASA Gallery is on the ground floor and has the work of the Honours students, but the vast majority of the exhibition is upstairs on level 5.
    The Analogue Laboratory, or 'so you built a darkroom in an old factory in the industrial zone'.
    Blog thing!.

Worry less. Photograph more.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Thanks for the heads up on this Alex. As I live in Melbourne I won't be able to get the myself but will pass this info onto my friends over there who probably are not aware of it. Wish I could see more of your work Alex, next time I am over in Adelaide for a few days will come looking for you if you don't mind.
    Cheers - Andy C
    ---------------------

16mm Cine, 35mm, 120, 5x4 & 7x5.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Not at all, it'd be great to catch up, drop me a line next time you're in my neck of the woods. If I get anything up on some walls in Melbourne I'll be sure to let people know too. That seems to be the constant goal for all of us based in Adelaide.

If anyone else is interested, I'm in a show upstairs at the Grace Emily Hotel on Waymouth Street too (lith prints) and in the RSASA's summer exhibition with another polymer photogravure.
    The Analogue Laboratory, or 'so you built a darkroom in an old factory in the industrial zone'.
    Blog thing!.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Won't be able to make it down south but all the best to you and all the other exhibitionists!
    http://www.tonyeganphotography.com/index.html
    "Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others." Groucho Marx

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    How long are you at the Grace Emily? I should probably come down for a look (and may do tomorrow...)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The Grace Emily was just meant to be for the week, but we got extended through to the 5th of January because we had such a big turnout for the opening. It's just upstairs, ignore any "staff only" signs. There's also some photos of clouds by my friend Ula Blocksage that I thought were pretty good, and some painting and etching.

I just got back from picking up my work from the graduate exhibition too, so sadly that show's now completely dismantled. Here's hoping some of it made it into the 2011 Helpmann Academy show.
    Blog thing!.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I am quite disappointed with myself. I saw this thread the other day and then totally forgot about until last night.....when it was too late.

I really hope you had a good exhibition. I'm sorry I missed it

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Dont worry, I kind of missed it too. The day of the opening I caught the tip of my right index finger in the hinge of a printing press while printing a woodcut poster for an exhibition next year - no long term damage, just some blood and a fingernail pulled out from where it was meant to be. So 4 hours before our graduate exhibition opens my professor is driving me down north terrace to the RAH emergency room. I got discharged 8 hours later with a few stitches, having entirely missed the opening and received a lot of phone calls from friends.
    So I only saw it the evening before it opened when I was helping to hang and the day after it closed to pick up work, but there was a lot of good stuff from artists you'll be sure to see more from in future.
    Blog thing!.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks Fleath, I'm coming over for a few days with the inlaws. It will be a good excuse to disappear for a couple of hours.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin