Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,760   Posts: 1,516,069   Online: 916

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    Images

4x5 monorail camera in Australia

Does anyone here know of any dealers or whatever who sell monorail cameras? I'm having a hard time taking the plunge on one with ebay.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    What are you after?

I have a couple.

One is not the greatest, needs a GG (I think), one of the rear springs is cracked. It's a Calumet 400 or 600 $100.

Not sure if there is a lens board, but one can be whipped up in an hour using 3mm plywood, matt black from a spray can and some marine grade lacquer on the front.

Mick.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If this helps. Downloaded today FYI. Do note that lenses, lens boards & film holders add quite a few dollars. Not the most portable of 4x5s but it can be done:

http://www.vanbar.com.au/catalogue/product.php?id=60853

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Also try ringing Camera exchange in Melbourne

Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    Images
    Thanks guys. The toyos were what I had in mind but I don't necessarily want new. Ross, thanks, they are pretty cheap.

Mick, I'm after something with a GG and ready to add a lens board and lens and start shooting. I fear I may lose interest if I have to fix one up. What can you offer as far as those criteria are concerned?

I'll contact Camera exchange tomorrow.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have one very good Calumet, well as good as can be considering it's age. Until I saw the link that Ross posted for the Toyo, I wouldn't part with it.

However on Saturday morning I might pop into Vanbar and check out one of these Toyo thingys.

She'll kill me if I do it!!!

Do you have anything specific you were after?

I could lend you the good Calumet until February, do you have a lens or lenses?

Mick.

Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    Images
    Mick, all I was after was a basic monorail with good movements so I can see whether I would like to pursue portraits with a large format camera.
    I have nothing. No lenses, nothing.

I'm not sure how we could arrange a loan, I'm moving soon and I wouldn't have a chance to even look at anything photography related until around mid January.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Camera Exchange had lots last time I was in there a few weeks ago. Also, the guy at Photo Resource in North Fitzroy (Stephen?) had a Cambo at the camera fair in March or April. I almost bought it for about $450 but he may well have sold it by now.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    There is mainline photo in Sydney whom I could not recommend more highly
    the owners name is Scott and he knows his products inside and out. Check out the link below

http://www.mainlinephoto.com.au/
    "Its my profession to hijack time" ~ Stephen Frizza.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well if you wish to have a crack at it, I can lend you the whole lot, then you can make up your mind with a bit of certainty.

Where are you moving to?

I will be taking a break until mid January myself, we're going camping outback, I'll be taking the Shen Hao.

Mick.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin