Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,965   Posts: 1,558,399   Online: 803

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

A Kiwi in Melbourne this Feb...

Hi all

I haven't travelled outside NZ for ten years but will be in Melbourne for work for a couple of weeks this Feb, it'd be awesome if any of you wanted to take me shooting :-)

Not sure if evenings or weekend will be best yet but if anyone's interested in having a Kiwi tag along let me know !!

Gear wise, I should have my RB67 back from service by then so I am aiming to bring that along plus tripod, if that makes any difference..

Cheers

Chris

P.S. I think my first attempt at posting this vanished, hope there are no double ups...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Hi Chris, please let us know exactly what dates you'll be in Melbourne, and I'm sure we can arrange for some of us to meet you.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    G'day Chris,

Despite all the propaganda and jokes, we love Kiwi's!
    First question, what are you interested in shooting? Melbourne itself has many interesting nooks to be explored, or you can catch a train in either direction and in an hour be in touch with someone to take you down to the Otways, or up to the Dandenongs, it all depends on what you're into.

Either way, hope you have a great trup. I mean, trip, sorry...

Cheers,
    Steve

My goal in life, is to be as good a person as my dog already thinks I am.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Hi Chris - yeah, what Kevin & Steve said!

Marc!
    Marc Morel
    photographie argentique!
    ------------
    http://mrmarcmorel.wordpress.com/

Shooter
    35mm
    I agree with all above let us know the dates. The MCC has an outing 1st of Feb to the Fairfield Boathouse & walk to Dights Falls.

http://www.melbournephoto.org.au/com...ail/year,2011/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Cool, thanks guys. My work keep changing the dates on me, but it's looking fairly certain I will be there from the 13th for a week and also the 28th for a week, and I've asked to book the Sunday flights home so it'll give me the Saturday to shoot.

What do I like to shoot? Good question! Landscapes, architecture, places and things I guess. Not had much to do with shooting people though... I'm open to any suggestions! Not hugely fit though, so if it's a three hour tramp to get somewhere I might have a coronary getting there :0)

Cheers

Chris

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hi Chris,

You look like you are a bit like me. I'd love to go on some of the waterfall walks that some of the APUGers here in Melbourne do, but I'm not as fit as I used to be, and I'm a bit heavier than an 8" x 10" camera in case they had to carry me out. But there's still plenty around the city to shoot. I have enough trouble with an M645, so I admire you for carrying around an RB67. Hopefully, if the timing is right, we can get together while you are here.

Cheers, Peter.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by wotalegend View Post
    Hi Chris,

You look like you are a bit like me. I'd love to go on some of the waterfall walks that some of the APUGers here in Melbourne do, but I'm not as fit as I used to be, and I'm a bit heavier than an 8" x 10" camera in case they had to carry me out. But there's still plenty around the city to shoot. I have enough trouble with an M645, so I admire you for carrying around an RB67. Hopefully, if the timing is right, we can get together while you are here.

Cheers, Peter.
    Cool, I will bump this thread closer to the time. Regarding the RB and carrying that around all day, well I often take 2 35mm bodies and lenses to airshows so I am used to a wee bit of weight, and if it gets the results I want....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Alright, I have arrived finally, but the weather forecast for Sat doesn't look too promising. I think shooting in the evenings this week might be the best idea, so I am off to have a look round now

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Don't worry, if I have learned one thing in Melbourne, then it must be not to trust Monday's weather forecast for Saturday. Actually, I would not trust Saturday morning's weather forecast for Saturday afternoon. Enjoy your time in Melbourne!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin