Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,962   Posts: 1,558,314   Online: 1001

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by lapzod View Post
    I showed my mum my Diana F+ and she laughed, and remembered when she had one as a kid.

that's my point: she didn't! She had an original Diana.

Two different cameras - different lenses, and with very different look...

(personally I think the Diana actually "just" is a Holga in disguise...)

Shooter
    35mm
    She had an original Diana, I don't, but it brought back the memories from when she was using it.

I don't doubt that the Diana+ is different, and in fact, I've been trying to track down an "original" one, but don't really want to fork out the money for it that people online are trying to sell them for.

(I bought the Diana+ purely because all my mates had the Holga, and I wanted something that at least looked different)

I'm just kinda bummed that I wasn't around for a lot of the plastic camera era

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My sister tells me I played around with plastic cameras in the early 1970s (along with using tripods as battering rams...), but typical of her she has "no idea" what they were. Mentioned "Dianas?" but it drew a blank. I'd love to know what it was.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    From one of the "original" Diana Cameras -- a thrift store buy a couple years ago for 75 US cents.

My boys on a boiler from an old shipwreck, North Jetty, Humboldt Bay. Expired Tech-pan. Platinum print.

Alex, Oregon Coast, expired film (somehow the numbers from the backing papers bled onto the film over time.) Silver gelatin print.

A fun camera! Have a great time at the show!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 3BoysNorthJetty.jpg   AlexOregonCoast.jpg  
    Last edited by Vaughn; 02-23-2011 at 11:04 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    At least with LF landscape, a bad day of photography can still be a good day of exercise.

Shooter
    Instant Films
    There was a story about the exhibition on the Sunday afternoon ABC arts program last weekend. Might well be online for viewing by now.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin