Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,557   Posts: 1,545,143   Online: 1019

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Happy Christmas in March! I've always had really great dealings with Freestyle and I bet you will too. Happy shooting.

lns

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleath View Post
    ...it should be here by the end of the week....
    This is pretty darn impressive. If I had ordered from Freestyle today, I would get it in Chicago by the end of the week.

I can't think of a better way to spend $960! Enjoy it.

-Laura

Shooter
    35mm RF
    If you bought in Australia it would be $3875.67 and probably take as long to get to you! ;-) I would prefer to buy local of course, but Freestyle are so good to deal with, prices are great, have a wonderful range, and post fast... why would you go anywhere else?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by wotalegend View Post
    Not an old wives tale - it's true. If goods + shipping cost exceeds AUD1,000 you risk getting hit for GST on the lot. We recently did a group order to Freestyle from APUG Oz members and we opted to take the prudent path of splitting the order into three different orderers/receivers.
    And Fedex will hit you with a fee for clearing the GST as well if the total exceeds a AUD grand. UPS charged me for a consignment they carried.

A later purchase delivered via Australia Post also "attracted" as they like to say, a handling charge, and I did my own (fairly simple) documentation, but it didn't save anything.

Regards - Ross

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    There is a $50 Customs fee for the privilege of paying the GST. I had to go to the Aust Post Customs centre at Chullora about 5 years ago to do the paperwork on a camera purchase. I paid the GST & fee together. Around the same time I bought a lens from B&H that came by UPS. They called me when it arrived in Sydney as they were clearing it through Customs. From memory it was the same as I would have paid direct. I have heard stories of some courier forms adding their own exorbitant clearing fees; one reason I avoid FedEx. Under $1k via post is the simplest way to do it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael W View Post
    There is a $50 Customs fee for the privilege of paying the GST. I had to go to the Aust Post Customs centre at Chullora about 5 years ago to do the paperwork on a camera purchase.
    My experience about 3 years ago was that Aust Post and Customs had streamlined that a little (so they could get my money faster) I processed the fee via e-mail and faxes and didn't leave home until walking down to the Post Office when it was all paid. Every year it's easier to spend money without leaving your chair!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Just checked the tracking and it's already in Sydney. That's pretty crazy.
    The Analogue Laboratory, or 'so you built a darkroom in an old factory in the industrial zone'.
    Blog thing!.

Worry less. Photograph more.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    So, did you get your package yet?

As above, I did an order from Adorama on Wednesday night our time. It was packaged and sent Thursday morning our time. The last check I have done, it had just departed from Mascot in Melbourne, en-route to Adelaide.

AUSTRALIAN RETAILERS TAKE NOTE - This is how you do online sales!

Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    Images
    Once I ordered something from Freestyle our time Thursday night and it was waiting for me on Monday afternoon...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin