Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,331   Posts: 1,537,259   Online: 1008

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Good work Tim! If you need any printing pointers, there's heaps here, not to mention a few Melbourne APUG folk who know a thing or two...

Marc!
    Marc Morel
    photographie argentique!
    ------------
    http://mrmarcmorel.wordpress.com/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hey, glad to see you picked one up. Now the fun really starts.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Well I've just discovered something pretty bad. The enlarger I brought is missing the external power supply by the looks of things, which explains why it has a US plug and no adapter. I'm pretty stuck now and I'm not sure what I'm suppose to do. It's a Saunders/LPL D6700 Dichroic Enlarger (known as a LPL C6700 these days), and it looks like the guy who sold it to me has neglected to mention the power supply. Any ideas of what I can do?

Cheers,
    Tim

Edit: Looks like he has lied about the spare negative holder being 6x6 as well, as it's a 35mm slide holder. Now I'm really stuck.
    Last edited by CaptHowie; 03-26-2011 at 10:38 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    You need a stepdown transformer. Jaycar sells them: http://www.jaycar.com.au/productResu...=13&SUBMIT.y=4 so do Dick Smith.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by paul ewins View Post
    You need a stepdown transformer. Jaycar sells them: http://www.jaycar.com.au/productResu...=13&SUBMIT.y=4 so do Dick Smith.
    So that's the same as the power supply that was suppose to be included? What wattage would I need for an enlarger like this?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    An enlarger is just a like a table lamp, switch the light bulb to 220-240 volt, and switch to your own plug head. No stop down needed to US voltage. Get your own timer which handles the on/off in your local voltage.
    I don't have experience with the said enlarger, it might just be different. Negative carriers might be easier to get than you think. Just get the biggest mask using easel.
    Goodluck.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    From memory, the external power supply was to regulate when printing in colour. (I'm sure someone will confirm or deny my recollection) I have used several LPL and Meopta enlargers (current model LPL7700) that had *no* external power supply other than the cord and plug - as tj01 said - they're rather large table lamps.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    If it's a dichroic lamp - it'll probably need 12v to run - and probably more like 11.5v for the lamp to last a while, and remain colour stable (although there ARE 240V dichroics, so do check). So a 240VAC to 11.5VAC transformer may be the go. There are electronic switching versions of these, commonly used for domestic lighting dichroics, that might be too "flickery" for an enlarger - I suspect a transformer based version might be better for this application.

Marc!
    Marc Morel
    photographie argentique!
    ------------
    http://mrmarcmorel.wordpress.com/

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    My LPL7700 has a halogen with an external 12 volt power supply. Should not cost much at a hardware store to replace.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Take it to your local electrician and explain the problem to him/her.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin