Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,913   Posts: 1,556,263   Online: 865

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format

Looking for Enlarger in Melbourne

Hello all,

I was wondering if anyone knows where I could find a good quality second hand enlarger for B&W on medium format (6x6). I'm only starting out printing, but I've been using a Rolleicord which I love using, and want to learn to print now. I live in Melbourne, and I'm also not really sure what sort of enlarging lens to look out for, although I've heard 80mm is the right size for 6x6. I've had my eye on eBay, but there's nothing really there except for a LPL enlarger which may be a bit out of my price range. I'm only starting out with printing, as I usually develop and scan.

Cheers,
    Tim.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'd love to sell you an enlarger, but the shipping is murderous. I have an Omega c-700 which would fill the bill you are looking for, even still, shipping would be over $100(ouch). An 80mm or 90m would certainly be the lens to use for enlarging 6x6cm negs. Maybe look for a Durst M600(series), they are very good, well built, machines. Vivitar also sold several decent enlargers under their brand that would work for you. I'm sure there are several brands common to your part of the world, hopefully someone there can help you out.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Rats, I just gave away an M600 yesterday!!

Marc!
    Marc Morel
    photographie argentique!
    ------------
    http://mrmarcmorel.wordpress.com/

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Photo Resource in Fitzroy North 9481 5200 have a number of second hand 6x6 enlargers.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The photomarket is on at Box Hill tomorrow, I think MCC has some 35 and MF enlarger for sale there.

Sunday the 20th March

APCS Photography Market – Box Hill Town Hall.
    1022 Whitehorse Road, Box Hill - Melway 47E9.
    Last edited by SMBooth; 03-18-2011 at 07:54 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: market details

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Vanbar in Sydney had an eye-popping lineup of enlargers of various formats ex State Library of NSW a year or so ago awaiting despatch to Vanbar Melbourne. They may be worth a call.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Another fruitful avenue might be to go to a good newsagent and in the photographic section look for a yellow-covered magazine called Photographic Trader. They have loads of stuff, including complete darkrooms for sale at times.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I made a search, and there are a few enlargers on auction at ebay.com.au, just to let you know.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    There was a FREE medium format b&w enlarger at Box Hill market today.

I've got a 4x5" B&W one I'm not using (lensless) since I got the big colour one.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I'd love to sell you an enlarger, but the shipping is murderous.

Yeah the shipping is a killer unfortunately. Thanks for the thoughts.

Rats, I just gave away an M600 yesterday!!

Damn! Oh well, thanks anyway!

Photo Resource in Fitzroy North 9481 5200 have a number of second hand 6x6 enlargers.

Thanks for the info, but luckily I found an enlarger at the Box Hill Camera Market.

The photomarket is on at Box Hill tomorrow, I think MCC has some 35 and MF enlarger for sale there.
    There was a FREE medium format b&w enlarger at Box Hill market today.

Saw that one I got a colour one I saw, an Saunders/LPL D6700 so it's all good now, but thanks for looking out for me! I didn't think I'd be able to get down there today.

Vanbar in Sydney had an eye-popping lineup of enlargers of various formats ex State Library of NSW a year or so ago awaiting despatch to Vanbar Melbourne. They may be worth a call.

I checked the Vanbar site in the second-hand section and they were all really expensive. Thanks anyway.

Another fruitful avenue might be to go to a good newsagent and in the photographic section look for a yellow-covered magazine called Photographic Trader. They have loads of stuff, including complete darkrooms for sale at times.

Yeah, read that quite a bit but didn't have a copy handy.

I made a search, and there are a few enlargers on auction at ebay.com.au, just to let you know.

Had a look on there, was watching one but got one now so it's all good.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin