Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,764   Posts: 1,516,229   Online: 1054

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

Idea for a Melbourne APUG outing in June!!

I was in Bendigo today, and noticed with some delight, this:

http://www.bendigoartgallery.com.au/...age_Id=268&h=0

"this is the first exhibition to be presented in Australia entirely drawn from the collection of George Eastman House."

Which Melbourne APUG folks are up for a daytrip to Bendigo, perhaps in early June so we don't get sick of each other after meeting up next Saturday?

Marc!
    Marc Morel
    photographie argentique!
    ------------
    http://mrmarcmorel.wordpress.com/

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Sounds like a plan!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I'd do it.. mode of transport?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sound great, I'm sure we can car pool. We could combine it with a trip to Goldstreet in Trentham and depending on time see Tim Rudman "Iceland" or David Tatnall "The Quite Landscape"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by OldBikerPete View Post
    Sounds like a plan!
    +1

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Very good idea. We were already planning on attending this, just waiting for the official news release, which obviously has now happened.

We will probably make a weekend of it, staying in the camper. However we would certainly entertain the idea of making the weekend we go, the same one as apug people attend.

Our experience with Bendigo, is that Saturdays for special exhibitions are less attended and therefore one has a more relaxed viewing.

Mick.
    Last edited by Mick Fagan; 03-27-2011 at 06:55 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Spelling

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by munz6869 View Post

"this is the first exhibition to be presented in Australia entirely drawn from the collection of George Eastman House."

Which Melbourne APUG folks are up for a daytrip to Bendigo, perhaps in early June so we don't get sick of each other after meeting up next Saturday?

Marc!

Wirelessly posted...

That's interesting, Marc.
    I've been in Bendigo and district (Shelbourne, Maldon & Castlemaine) since last Thursday and you failed to see me, or I, you . Yes, well the leafy old town delivers when you like to wander incognito.

I reckon you should make a weekend of it, even in June when BGO shivers. There are some great eateries and just outside the city limits, archetypal country landscape (often shrouded in fog). Rushworth and Whroo are not too far away for people with an historical itch.

See ya.
    .::Gary Rowan Higgins

A comfort zone is a wonderful place. But nothing ever grows there.
    —Anon.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I may not have seen you, Gary, but I WAS bailed up at the Chinese Museum in Bendigo, where they refused to let me in, until I showed them "that camera" (this time, my baby Crown Graphic with Mamiya 70mm back) - turns out one of the volunteers there is the proud owner of two Graflex XL's and a Mamiya RZ, and wanted to chat. I was most pleased to oblige, and so a happy geeky conversation ensued. Poor Christine, it was her idea to wander into the museum too...

How does Saturday 4th June suit everyone?

Marc!
    Marc Morel
    photographie argentique!
    ------------
    http://mrmarcmorel.wordpress.com/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Gee, I can feel a trip down Mexico way coming up, that exhibit should be great....thanks for the heads up.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by munz6869 View Post

Marc!

Ok whats this meet up next saturday ? did I miss something or was kept out of the loop ?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin