Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,720   Posts: 1,483,134   Online: 1247

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

Great Customer Service for Manfrotto - Adeal

I had never dealt with Adeal before and have absolutely no association with them, but would like to give them a mention for great customer service.

Last weekend I lost a tightening knob from a Manfrotto tripod after shooting fireworks. I thought I may have some difficulty obtaining a replacement.

Anyway, I first phoned Camera Exchange where I had bought an earlier Manfrotto tripod, and they suggested I call the agent, Adeal.

I was put straight through to Dan but his line was busy so I left a message. He called back but then my line was busy, so he left his direct number and email address, so then I returned his call and he was busy again. Not much later he again returned my call and this time I spoke with him. They did indeed have a spare in stock.

I drove there this morning and bought not only the knob but also another tripod tool which I had lost a while ago. So for less than twelve bucks my tripod is now as good as new.

I just wanted to mention Adeal because in this day and age customer service such as this, where somebody actually returns your calls, is rare.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I haven't dealt with Adeal, but I assume they supply Vanbar. When I stupidly lost a part of a Manfrotto head Vanbar said that it could be easily replaced which it was swiftly and efficiently.

When Ilford was in Melbourne under their own steam they were pretty good too.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Yes, Adeal do nail the end-user service.

It is one of the reasons we enjoy dealing with them @ Vanbar

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Glad to hear you guys have had such great service - my has been the exact opposite!
    They had a lens for nigh on 6 months for repair - no updates, nothing.

*I* had to keep following up on it's status which resulted in no information other than "it's waiting to be looked at". Finally I'd had enough and , basically told them to forget it and that wouldn't be paying their quote fee. Took them another 2 weeks to deliver back to my camera store, with a note saying they had been awaiting parts.

Hey, if you'd kept me/us updated I could have accepted that - but 6 months of nothing, even when we called to check on its status?

Sorry, but for me that isn't customer service, that's downright rude.

(Anyone know where I can get an EF Tokina 28-70 f2.8 AF lens repaired?)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Generally I've found it easier and faster to refer a broken part, or a part in need of replacement, direct to the dealer I purchased the tripod from — especially if it is under warranty. I had occasion to do this with my Manfrotto 190CX3 CF last year when (incredibly) the detachable low-height adaptor in the base of the centre column lost it's retaining spring. Adeal said it would take 3 to 6 weeks to order the spring in from Manfrotto. After referring back to the dealer, he took the part from stock and thus it was fixed in 24 hours by Express Post.

What "tripod tool" are you referring to? The clip-on one that usually is on one of the legs, or the "shorty" phillips head driver? To prevent the latter from going AWOL, stretch a rubber O-ring across it's gripping tangs so that it is held tight.

I've had 4 Manfrotto tripods (and latterly a smaller Gitzo) now in 28 years and keep a "shorty" phillips head handy: one in the car, one in the kitchen drawer, one in the studio workspace, one in the garage and ... hmm, one somewhere else and for darned if I can remember where...
    Last edited by Poisson Du Jour; 04-05-2011 at 12:42 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: misspelt studio... :-[
    .::Gary Rowan Higgins

One beautiful image is worth
    a thousand hours of therapy.

"It is horrifying that we have to fight our own government
    to save the environment."
    .::Ansel Adams

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Poisson Du Jour View Post
    What "tripod tool" are you referring to? The clip-on one that usually is on one of the legs, or the "shorty" phillips head driver? To prevent the latter from going AWOL, stretch a rubber O-ring across it's gripping tangs so that it is held tight.... hmm, one somewhere else and for darned if I can remember where...
    Yes, the one that is on one of the legs. I think I'll just chuck a lackerband around it to keep it there as it always seems to get knocked off.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yes, short of super-gluing it in place, there's no fool proof, absolute way of not losing that little tool, Kevin. Historically I've lost only one (very old design that pre-dates the modern all-plastic bit by 20 years) and never bothered to replace it. In any case, the friction-lock washers securing the leg lock mechanisms which this tool is usually on stand-by for rarely come lose even with heavy use; I think it's something Manfrotto addressed some years back after photographers were finding legs went all a-wonky from lost (or worse, corroded) nuts.
    .::Gary Rowan Higgins

One beautiful image is worth
    a thousand hours of therapy.

"It is horrifying that we have to fight our own government
    to save the environment."
    .::Ansel Adams

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin