Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,560   Posts: 1,545,261   Online: 821

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks for the heads-up Chris, I haven't ordered anything from B&H in years, just because it's all worked out marginally cheaper at Freestyle, but once we get an idea of our shopping list I might pop over there too and compare prices.

My goal in life, is to be as good a person as my dog already thinks I am.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Wow, I'm impressed! Thanks Chris, I just had a quick look on B&H, thinking "how different can the prices really be?", while postage seems about the same (for International Priority at least), 2x100sh box of FP4 came in nearly $60 cheaper from B&H! Wow

Shooter
    Multi Format
    What i was looking at came out cheaper also

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    B&H can be cheaper, however be aware they will be closed from April 18th to 28th for Passover. Orders need to be in by this Sunday at the latest. Also, if it's the first time you're ordering from them you might have to send them a separate scan of your credit card, if that's how you're paying.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thankyou to the various people who have reassured me about heat/x-rays, it's good to know that all should be well. Hopefully I'll take advantage of the strong AUD soon and buy a large amount of consumables.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ummm......sorry if I am a fly in the ointment, but if it's to be B&H then I'm out. I don't have anything against B&H, it's just that my order includes Arista film, which I don't think is sold by B&H. I looked at B&H's web site today and it doesn't seem to be there. (I do know that Arista is one of Freestyle's house brands, but it is also sold by some others.)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael W View Post
    B&H can be cheaper, however be aware they will be closed from April 18th to 28th for Passover. Orders need to be in by this Sunday at the latest. Also, if it's the first time you're ordering from them you might have to send them a separate scan of your credit card, if that's how you're paying.
    What!?
    You'll send them a "scan of your credit card" !? I hope not by email...

I am interested if the order goes to Freestyle, not B&H, as I've already 'carted' an order on hold pending deliberations.
    Film clears Customs without X-Ray, so long as it clearly labelled as such. The order will be smooth and quick if it is restricted to just film, and not chemicals, paper and other stuff.
    .::Gary Rowan Higgins

A comfort zone is a wonderful place. But nothing ever grows there.
    —Anon.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Poisson Du Jour View Post
    What!?
    You'll send them a "scan of your credit card" !? I hope not by email...
    Yeah, I had to do a similar thing the first time I ordered from Freestyle, and KEH for that matter. They wanted a copy of my card faxed, had no end of trouble getting the fax to them though, so I just scanned the card, blocked out some pertinent details (ie, last half of the number and the expiry) and emailed it. No drama's at all, but I was a little hesitant at first.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    do you want shopping lists yet?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Alright, sorry guys, I am around, just got a baby taking up a bit of time at the moment (selfish little things that they are...).

For my order, I've decided I'm going to go with B&H, can't knock a further $60 saving! If you're interested in anything from there, zap me over a pm, all going well I will try to get the order off this afternoon. Like Gary said, if we keep it to film, it could come through a whole lot quicker, and possibly cheaper on the postage front (ie, smaller package footprint than if we start throwing papers in).

Zap me a PM with your email address and shopping list and we'll continue from there via email. Depending on the size of your shopping lists, I may need to ask for payment to be sent through to me straight away, usually I've just worn it until the goods arrive and we work out the local postage costs in divvying it up, but again, new family additions have reduced the amount of floating cash I can grab without transferring dosh around.

Just to make sure I don't jump the gun and miss anyone (because I realise this is a bit of late notice, saying I'll send it off this afternoon), if you've expressed interest here, but do not wish to jump on board with an order to B&H, just pop in to let us know, so we know you've decided not to order, as opposed to not seeing this message and getting left behind!

Thanks guys, have a great weekend.

Steve

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin