Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,914   Posts: 1,556,291   Online: 965

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Photo labs in Melbourne

Any recommendations for a high quality photolab in Melbourne mainly for E6 & C41processing, scanning and printing.

Geelong & Castlemaine, Victoria, Australia
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm parochial, critical and quality conscious, based on very long experience with many labs mostly in Melbourne, and remain loyal to those that provide service when it is required and on time. My present lab is PRISM Colour at Abbotsford Street, North Melbourne. E6 done Tues and Thurs; C41 virtually every day. Wisely, no traditional wet darkroom B&W work, but a lot of stunning digital colour and mono products coming out from film scans onto exotic Ilford and Kodak media. If you're doing colour digi work and own scanning, you'll be expected to have a working knowledge of Adobe and perceptual colorimetrics, as they charge for lengthy intervention on files that are mismatched in whatever detail. PRISM is cheap and efficient with a large pro client base; check out Alex Pavlou Photography (wedding pro) down a few hundred metres on the corner of Chapman Street.

PRISM Colour
    Last edited by Poisson Du Jour; 05-08-2011 at 08:40 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: additional text; URL
    .::Gary Rowan Higgins

A comfort zone is a wonderful place. But nothing ever grows there.
    —Anon.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I was a loyal Lab-X customer, but since they vanished(!!), I've been using Bond Imaging, near Richmond Railway Station, and they have been great - no problems, same price as everyone, friendly, lots of services, and fast - email me when a job is done. Also, they appear to be the only lab left in Melbourne still doing C41 processing for sheet film.
    I've never had a problem with roll film processed at Vanbar in Carlton, either, but they are SLOW (three days for C41), and (minor point) I hate the way they tape up the rolls so tightly - makes the film really difficult to flatten for printing or scanning...

Bond Imaging

Marc!
    Marc Morel
    photographie argentique!
    ------------
    http://mrmarcmorel.wordpress.com/

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    I used to use Bond's when I was living in Melbourne and Geelong. In fact I've been using them since 1983 when I got my first MF camera. I can't remember ever having a problem with them.
    Mike

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I don't do prints. But my C-41 rates are $5/roll, and $6.50/roll for E-6.

I process C-41 for sheet film.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    CPL on Wellington Street in St Kilda are very good.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin