Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,880   Posts: 1,520,454   Online: 966

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011
    Shooter
    35mm
    I love the comment about food as the USA they only eat processed crap. When I was younger my guts could handle but now give me fresh.

I have had a small bar fridge in my garage for over a year now. Think I bought it at Aldi. It's now chcokers with all sorts of film stock. Some very old stuff too. It's really nice to have your own gourmet film reserve.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by w9cae View Post
    I have had a small bar fridge in my garage for over a year now. Think I bought it at Aldi. It's now chcokers with all sorts of film stock.
    Film is gradually taking over our fridge in the kitchen, so this afternoon I'm going to go bar fridge shopping. That way I'll have space for yet more film, and frees up space in the "real" fridge. I see it as a short term outlay but a longer term saving.

And then I'll do another large B&H or Freestyle order

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I love the comment about food as the USA they only eat processed crap.
    As opposed to Vegemite?
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I love the comment about food as the USA they only eat processed crap. When I was younger my guts could handle but now give me fresh...
    And of course the main dish in Oz is Roo Tail Stew...LOL!

Vaughn

Here in Northern CA, it is hard to patronize the (only) local camera store if they don't carry 120 film! So I have it shipped from the southern end of the state.
    At least with LF landscape, a bad day of photography can still be a good day of exercise.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Just a word of warning about buying cheap stepdown transformers off Ebay. The cheap ones are not Isolation transformers!!! Also they do not have switching power supplies, as someone suggested, as they are AC to AC only.
    A isolation transformer is a normal transformer with a primary and secondary insulated from each other. If a winding fails the insulation will protect the 240 volts from getting on the secondary.
    The cheap ones off Ebay are what are known as an auto transformers. They have one winding only, with a 120volt tap half way. Now twice the current is going through the 120 volt side of the winding. This is the part of the winding then that is most prone and most likely to fail. If it does fail you will end up with 240 volts on your 120 equipment.
    If you buy any 120 volt equipment then always use a more expensive Isolation transformer - Jaycar sell them. Jaycar do sell one small auto stepdown transformer, but it has overheat and overload protection, plus they give a warning that it is not an isolation transformers.
    Personally I would not buy any cheap ones off Ebay, because they probably have no protection circuits, thin wires and if you accidently overload it - then you are buggered!! When I did electronics 40 years ago I was always taught such transformers were very dangerous - just don't touch them.
    Just a warning - only buy isolation transformers!
    The Medium is the Massage - Marshal McLuhan
    www.abriefvisionoftime.com

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin