Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,049   Posts: 1,561,094   Online: 818

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by el wacho View Post
    does anyone remember the Ted's on Pitt st? they used to have the most enviable (possibly second only to Riesel's) window display of second hand cameras in all formats...
    Are you thinking of Fletcher's? They had a large window full of second hand cameras. Also a back room with several fridges that stocked every film available in Australia. They went bust in 2005 & Ted's now have that shop. No second hand cameras & a modest selection of traditional materials up the back.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    does anyone remember the Ted's on Pitt st? they used to have the most enviable (possibly second only to Riesel's) window display of second hand cameras in all formats...
    I do and I recall amongst other interesting items a Toyo 8x10 and a Rolleiflex in the window at a time when the digital bogeyman was just stretching his wings (it was Fletcher's BTW).

Foto Reisel is run by some chain these days, but they are always way over priced for me.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    yes Fletcher's .. that's it! knew my description was a bit off. i remember buying tri-x 120 there for 6.50 aud. and a block further up was the other photo store in that little mall area past McDonalds. they would stock all the Agfa stuff.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    yeah Reisel was overpriced on somethings but i bought a rollei sl66 kit - camera 80mm 50mm (both hft) two backs and the hardcase for 1500aud! (aud = 0.70's at that time) it was an ex victorian police kit who'd gone digital.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    yes Fletcher's .. that's it! knew my description was a bit off. i remember buying tri-x 120 there for 6.50 aud. and a block further up was the other photo store in that little mall area past McDonalds. they would stock all the Agfa stuff.
    That other photo store was Ted's. They were very good for Agfa stuff, I bought a lot of Precisa there for cross processing. When Fletchers closed they took over the big shop & are there still.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    yeah Reisel was overpriced on somethings but i bought a rollei sl66 kit - camera 80mm 50mm (both hft) two backs and the hardcase for 1500aud! (aud = 0.70's at that time) it was an ex victorian police kit who'd gone digital.
    Wow. I must ask my local wallopers what they might have gathering dust in one of those disused cells.

The Historical Houses Trust have had a couple of exhibitions made up of prints from plates and LF negs which were found in some obscure NSW Police Service storeage.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ross Chambers View Post
    Wow. I must ask my local wallopers what they might have gathering dust in one of those disused cells.

The Historical Houses Trust have had a couple of exhibitions made up of prints from plates and LF negs which were found in some obscure NSW Police Service storeage.
    The police used to have a lot of good stuff. My Ilford 500 head, in terrific condition, came out of a London police station.

Ian

Shooter
    Medium Format
    TMH,
    If you're still looking for ideas with those gift vouchers you might consider selling them to someone who's into what Ted has to sell. I basically did a sort of trade with my mum for a gift voucher my sister had sent me. I bought mum something she wanted from that store, she gave me some cash for it.... then I went to my local antique store and picked myself up a Yashica Electro 35 GSN
    If you've no one about with an interest, can vouchers be sold online? Perhaps to someone on DPUG?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Molli, where have you been? You haven't posted for such a long time, and I thought you'd given us up. It's good to see you back.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thank you! Believe me, I would NEVER give you up! Aside from taking a tumble out of the Faraway Tree, I've had the added embarrassment of running out of film, breaking my camera and running out of money for little things like rent, bills and an internet connection. Trust me, under the circumstances, my company was definitely NOT something you'd have wanted inflicted on you.
    Being the first 'perky' sort of day I've had in...um... a while, I decided to remedy a few things. I managed to fix my camera myself (free, oh joy!), get the net connected....... and land in the APUG forums where I promptly began the process of buying a new lens. (Yes, this is what the penniless should do the second their rent is paid!)
    I've bought the occasional roll of cheap Fuji colour film and devved it in B&W chems, but I can only scan those, no darkroom work. I've missed that (and I HAVE to give myself a reason to leave the house). So, in another month or so, B&W film will be bought/borrowed/begged/grovelled/pimp-out-my-sister for
    Oh, and another reason that I've spared you is that I'm blathering even worse than I did last year...
    but I have missed you guys tremendously and I do apologise for falling off the edge of the world. Will try to do better, promise!

(Please, please, don't let me hijack a thread again... keep the jacket with the octopus arms handy, okay?)

Now, more importantly, how have you all been?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin