Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,276   Posts: 1,534,769   Online: 866

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Athiril View Post
    polygot, I can bring you some replenisher if you need it, actually, would you like some ECN-2 developer and a couple rolls of 50D?
    You're quite welcome to make the roadtrip, though it's a pretty epic trip to make when I know you've been doing this stuff longer than I have! If you just want a couple of things scanned, you could post them to me with a return bag.

What sort of replenisher are we talking about? I'm not planning on moving into ECN or movie film though as I don't even have a 35mm body any more.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    C-41 replenisher, I got tonnes. I could bring a liter of ECN-2, and a couple rolls of 50D for you to try, same bleach and fix as your C-41.

I want to go on a landscape trip too

Shooter
    Multi Format
    nice idea! I would definately come if I wasnt in NSW
    pentax 6x7,canon eos 300, crown graphic 4x5

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Everyone who is serious about coming, please PM or email me. There's one and a half weeks to go and I need to know how many rolls/sheets people want to bring.

My 3010 has arrived and appears to be working (I've done 4 sheets in it) so 4x5 is definitely on the table too. Likewise, I plan to clean the optics on my SprintScan 45U this weekend so might be able to make non-streaky 4x5 scans, but no promises on that front.

The drying cabinet is also completed and tested; it's good for 8 (slanted) to 16 (vertical) rolls of 120 and completes in about 1-2 hours. Won't fit 35mm or 220 though, so you small-format people will need to take your chances with dust in the wardrobe.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    There were four of us souping stuff today, quite the congenial crowd with plenty to talk about. 12 rolls were processed, including an experiment with bleach-bypass that came out with a remarkably dark brown mask. Looks like I have a lot of scanning to do this week!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    It was a pleasant afternoon, and quite educational for this C41 newbie Thanks to Polyglot for his generosity and hospitality.

My test roll of Portra 400 (120 format) came out well. Scanned it last night with good results even though I'm still getting up to speed with this new scanner.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    So, the bleach-bypass experiment worked (thumbnail is link to higher res):

That one was normal exposure and have development pulled by one stop. I have a few others with normal exposure and development; they're crazy-dense but worked just as well in terms of high contrast and low saturation. The only drawback is scanning them: the dense brown base means that they take literally 10x as much exposure in the scanner, which means it takes about 30-40 minutes for it to scan just one 6x7 frame! I will of course do one in real RA4 once I get the chemicals but I don't even have the darkroom finished yet

And if you browse backwards from there (to about 2008/08/01), you'll find a bunch of other shots processed normally in C41 that day.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin