Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,546   Posts: 1,572,922   Online: 979

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

C-41 party in Adelaide!

I have more C-41 chems mixed up than I need right now. In 8 weeks time, I'm going to Europe for 6 weeks, so it would be good to make use of those chemicals before they go off, say a weekend in mid- to early-August.

Do we have any takers for coming round to my place to develop colour-neg film on the cheap? I'll fire up the CPP-2 in the morning, people come around about 10:00 and we process film, eat lunch and talk crap all afternoon. Cost will be $3/roll and BYO food/drink. I can do 135, 120, 220 and (maybe by then) 4x5".

I also have a Nikon 8000 so there should be opportunity to scan one or two particularly good frames that people might have, but not the time for whole rolls.

Given that you've got about six weeks to shoot, who's in?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I'll take a road trip just for the Nikon 8000!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Sounds like an interesting concept. Not sure on the dates, but I am definitely interested.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Sounds fun but the commute would be a bit long for me.
    Mark Barendt, Beaverton, OR

"We do not see things the way they are. We see things the way we are." Anaïs Nin

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Athiril View Post
    I'll take a road trip just for the Nikon 8000!
    Is not for sale!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I meant to bring a USB and scan a few negs haha, while stopping at the great ocean road along the way

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by polyglot View Post
    Do we have any takers for coming round to my place to develop colour-neg film on the cheap?
    That sounds fantastic!

Whilst I'm comfortable developing B&W, I'm a complete newbie with C41. Is your offer to do the developing for us, or to tell us what to do while we use your chemicals/equipment, or some other variant?

Anyway, put me down for a tentative two people (myself and my better half), depending on the date/time.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cluttered View Post
    Whilst I'm comfortable developing B&W, I'm a complete newbie with C41. Is your offer to do the developing for us, or to tell us what to do while we use your chemicals/equipment, or some other variant?

Anyway, put me down for a tentative two people (myself and my better half), depending on the date/time.
    Whichever you like, really. We'll be using my CPP-2, which is a cheesy plastic contraption and a bit delicate but not hard to operate as long as you're gentle with it and don't dump my chems into the wrong bottle. You can certainly do your own loading onto the reels and take the risk (Jobo 2-series spirals are even more annoying than Paterson) of crinkling the film for yourself!

I'll have about 15 rolls worth of developer capacity to use up, so it matters not so much how many people there are but how many rolls you all bring. A handful is cool, a bag of 20 each isn't. I have 3 spirals so can theoretically do up to 6 rolls at once by double-loading but I haven't tried that yet; you're welcome to try it.

How about we set a tentative date for the 6th of August unless someone vehemently prefers the 7th? The following weekend is out for me due to booked events and after that I'm likely to be pretty busy with travel preparations.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by polyglot View Post
    How about we set a tentative date for the 6th of August unless someone vehemently prefers the 7th?
    Either option works for me. I'll make a note of the 6th, unless you advise otherwise.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    polygot, I can bring you some replenisher if you need it, actually, would you like some ECN-2 developer and a couple rolls of 50D?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin