Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,704   Posts: 1,482,725   Online: 988
      
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 36
  1. #21
    hoffy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Adelaide, Australia
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    1,767
    Blog Entries
    1
    Images
    56
    For cheap gear, Ebay is your best bet. If you want something now, it doesn't hurt to go through the bits and pieces that they have at L&P in kent Town.

    As for supplies, the cheapest option is buying from overseas! That being said, the best option locally is from L&P again.

  2. #22

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Adelaide, Australia
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posts
    97
    Quote Originally Posted by hoffy View Post
    For cheap gear, Ebay is your best bet. If you want something now, it doesn't hurt to go through the bits and pieces that they have at L&P in kent Town.
    Also, some people aren't aware that L&P (now called Total Photographics) has some used darkroom equipment in a back room. The prices aren't great, but it's worth checking when you go there.

  3. #23

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Adelaide SA
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posts
    4
    Thanks.
    I knew they had issues with trading as l&p a few years ago something to do with an interstate L&P which had rights tot he name.

    What about photographic wholesalers?
    Matthew

  4. #24
    hoffy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Adelaide, Australia
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    1,767
    Blog Entries
    1
    Images
    56
    Yes, they still have gear, but I am not sure of their prices, but they can be a bit ignorant about what they do have (I got the "Kodak don't make film" response from one of their sales guys not too long ago).

    Another good one for quick 'crap I am out of.....' type buys are Photoco in the Central Markets. They are a bit more pricey, but they have most of the basic Ilford chems on their shelves.

  5. #25
    Alex Bishop-Thorpe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    1,455
    Images
    29
    L&P/Total Photo are good when you need to buy stuff locally, their student discount has been good to me. I've gotten a few good things from their back room too, but sometimes admittedly just because they didn't know what it was. A lot of it is on consignment, so they cant really be blamed for the prices the owners of the stuff set. I picked up a JOBO CPE2 kit with a pile of stuff for $80 once though, so you can get lucky.

    And, I'm sorry I missed the dang thing again. I found this thread the day after - August 1st is written in on my calendar now and I'll be there. Any theme for the show and tell? It's always nice to talk to people who know what the things I keep spending all my money on are.
    The Analogue Laboratory, or 'so you built a darkroom in an old factory in the industrial zone'.
    Blog thing!.

    Worry less. Photograph more.

  6. #26
    chiller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Adelaide Australia
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    174
    Images
    1
    Go to Total Photographics [Kent Town] and ask to see the "back room" They have a reasonable amount of second hand gear most of the time at quite reasonable prices.

    Steve
    Steve

  7. #27
    hoffy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Adelaide, Australia
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    1,767
    Blog Entries
    1
    Images
    56
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Bishop-Thorpe View Post
    L&P/Total Photo are good when you need to buy stuff locally, their student discount has been good to me. I've gotten a few good things from their back room too, but sometimes admittedly just because they didn't know what it was. A lot of it is on consignment, so they cant really be blamed for the prices the owners of the stuff set. I picked up a JOBO CPE2 kit with a pile of stuff for $80 once though, so you can get lucky.

    And, I'm sorry I missed the dang thing again. I found this thread the day after - August 1st is written in on my calendar now and I'll be there. Any theme for the show and tell? It's always nice to talk to people who know what the things I keep spending all my money on are.
    Alex, Chiller (Steve) is going to bring in some of his large format gear for us to view, which should be quite interesting. If you want, PM me your email address and I will add you to the mailout list.

    Ashley

  8. #28
    polyglot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    South Australia
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posts
    2,953
    Images
    12
    Derail: I finally souped that roll including a group shot at the inaugural meeting. Oddly, it is half-off the end of the roll, as if the roll was not glued onto the right place on the paper backing (very strange for an Ilford product) or it was insufficiently wound onto the takeup spool (the RZ back interlock prevents that). So I have half a group shot. It's pretty crap too, with some very derp expressions.

    To make up for it, I have an horrific shot of Ashley that is suitable only for blackmail purposes There are a couple of other passable candid photos though so I might post some scans later.

  9. #29
    hoffy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Adelaide, Australia
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    1,767
    Blog Entries
    1
    Images
    56
    Quote Originally Posted by polyglot View Post
    To make up for it, I have an horrific shot of Ashley that is suitable only for blackmail purposes There are a couple of other passable candid photos though so I might post some scans later.
    Do your worse! I'm not afraid…..

  10. #30
    polyglot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    South Australia
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posts
    2,953
    Images
    12
    OK, here we go. Apologies again to everyone on the left of the group photo that got chopped off, it's not a problem I've ever encountered before. Go figure.





Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast


 

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:



Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin