Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,940   Posts: 1,557,450   Online: 860

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

Reminder - Adelaide Film And Darkroom User Group - Next Meeting, Monday 11/07/11

Adelaide Film and Darkroom Users Group by hoffy37, on Flickr

Just a quick reminder. The next meeting of the Adelaide Film and Darkroom Users Group is this coming Monday, the 11th of July, At the Gilbert Street Hotel, 88 Gilbert Street, Adelaide. We will be meeting Upstairs from 7:30PM.

We will be having a Print Show and tell, so bring some prints along that you would like people to look at. It will be a perfect opportunity to display some work and maybe get some feedback.

If you have any queries, please contact me via PM, or the details on the flier above (& I NOW have my phone number correct!)

Cheers

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'd love to come to this, missed out on the last one - we'll see how things go tomorrow.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Anyone meeting beforehand for pub dinner, say 1830ish?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Yes, I'll be there before hand. Not 100% sure what time, but more then likely around 1800

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Can really recommend the get together. My first time and the friendly atmosphere was great. Location was excellent as well. Very much looking forward to the next gathering.

Steve
    Steve

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    And it was great to meet you, Steve.

This morning I put two and two together and had an Adelaide moment - I remembered Ervin telling me that it was a Steve who got him onto BTZS, which means that that's probably your old Shen Hao he's using... It was of course Ervin (who I've known for about 20 years) who got me onto LF and who loaned me his BTZS tubes to do a couple of test sheets. I've been doing all my printing in his darkroom these last few months between coming back from Perth and getting my laundry sorted out.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've known Ervin for a reasonable time as well and we often share a phone call or a nice bowl of soup. He has certainly made good use of the Shen. He has a wonderful artistic approach to photography. I'm much closer to the city than Lobethal

Steve
    Steve

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Yes, it was good that you could come along Monday night Steve!

For those of you who missed it, we had a good night. The gathering was small (only 5), but the discussions were very interesting and enlightening. What started out as a Print show and tell, turned into a discussion on Film and paper curves, then a discussion on the merits of the BTZ system for Larger format, back to print show and tell. I thoroughly enjoyed the night.

The next meeting is down for the 15th of August (a slight change of routine) at the Gilbert again. Steve has offered to bring along some of his large format gear (including some very interesting glass) for us to look at and for him to explain.

Cheers
    Ashley

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Hm. 15th of August will be difficult/impossible for me due to it being a relative's birthday. Assuming the 8th is out, is there any chance of it being the 1st, 9th or 16th?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Monday, Thursday and Friday nights are the only nights I'm able to attend.
    Steve

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin