Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,288   Posts: 1,535,342   Online: 806

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    Images
    Hey, Cadel Evans and I were both born in Armidale. I don't wear tights though.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by tomalophicon View Post
    Hey, Cadel Evans and I were both born in Armidale. I don't wear tights though.
    Sorry, tomalophicon, Cadel was born in Katherine NT. But, hey, does it matter where he was born? He is a fair dinkum true blue Aussie hero. I have lost more sleep in the last three weeks than in the last year and it was worth every second.

Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    Images
    Damn it, he only went to school here! I went to the same primary school as he did!

Wow, you're keen. They don't even have motors on their bikes!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I think the most impressive part was Cadel addressing the french crowd in basic, halting french after the win. now that's real courage, respect and humility!
    http://www.tonyeganphotography.com/index.html
    "Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others." Groucho Marx

JLP
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I think the most impressive part was Cadel addressing the french crowd in basic, halting french after the win. now that's real courage, respect and humility!
    Indeed it was but i still believe that the last 3 weeks of determination and strenght speaks a little louder.

Looking back at all stages once again Cadel Evans did a masterfull job putting it all together. He does come out as a defensive rider compared to Contador and Schleck but did get the job done.

I hope that future Tours will either make the TT in the middle week and not as the last real stage or make it much shorter so it does not have such a huge impact on the final classification.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I understand that there is speculation about a way to celebrate Cadel Evans' victory in Oz.

I suggest that he do a lap of victory along Sydney's new urban cycle paths and that Alan Jones and all of the rest of Clover Moore's (Mayor of Sydney) detractors regarding this development be compelled to attend. And applaud.

Pardon the parish pump post, but this IS an Oz list, if not a Sydney one.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin