Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,919   Posts: 1,556,431   Online: 1193

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

3 cheers for Cadel

To our Aussie friends;

Congratulations to Cadel Evans, first winner of the Tour De France from Australia
    Last edited by bdial; 07-23-2011 at 06:45 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Congratulations indeed. A great ride from Cadel - this was the best tour in years, won by a true champion. Chapeau!

Dan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I am very pleased for him and his supporters although I am not really a fan of cycling.
    It's a shame the sport has been tainted by so many claims and counter claims and suspicions about use of performance enhancing drugs. One wonders if celebrations should be postponed until all the blood and urine samples have been processed! I see Contador did not do so well this year after being careful to avoid the "bad meat" this time. :-)
    http://www.tonyeganphotography.com/index.html
    "Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others." Groucho Marx

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Let's not count our eggs before they hatch! He still needs to make it up the Champs-Élysées!

It's going to be a long night for me! Webber on Pole in Germany and the last night of the tour. Come on Aussie!

Gim

Congrats to Cadel and Australia. I hope everything works out and I will look for a bar with a TV tomorrow to enjoy the moment.

Best,
    Jim

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Great ride from Cadel for a thoroughly deserved win. The last few stages were phenomenal - he was under huge pressure in the Alps and then rode a blistering time trial to seal an emphatic victory. I'm so pleased to see the guy finally win this.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    He certainly went out today and proved that he deserved to win. I didn't think he was going to make it through the Alps with the Schleck brothers going at him constantly. I couldn't believe the amount of solo work Evans had to do in the last few days. He showed the poise and determination of a true champion. This year was a great tour with a lot of drama. Voekler added quite a bit to the mix too as an underdog. I was rooting for him to at least make it onto the podium after gutting it out for over a week. Too bad. Then there was Tor Hushov winning two mountain stages? What?

Hats off to the Garmin-Cervelo team too. Yellow for over a week, four stage wins, and a top ten finisher overall. If you would have told me when I started riding twenty years ago that one US team would win the team competition and a different US team (led by an Australian) would garner the Yellow Jersey I would have said you were crazy....

JLP
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I am very pleased for him and his supporters although I am not really a fan of cycling.
    It's a shame the sport has been tainted by so many claims and counter claims and suspicions about use of performance enhancing drugs. One wonders if celebrations should be postponed until all the blood and urine samples have been processed! I see Contador did not do so well this year after being careful to avoid the "bad meat" this time. :-)
    Tony, If other athletes were tested as much as pro bike riders you would be ashamed to watch any sport on top level.

Evans did a great TT but a real champion i am not sure.
    Last edited by JLP; 07-23-2011 at 10:40 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Loss of memory

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I really have no interest whatsoever in sport. So what am I doing sitting up until 2 o'clock in the morning watching it? At first it was the joy of seeing all those marvellous French landscapes, then I found the sheer stamina of those cyclists compelling.

Such a change from the dumb brutality of most sport played in Australia.

Cadel Evans is icing on the cake, bravo!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    This is the first year in many that I have not watched the Tour. First because I was traveling, now I am home but reduced my satellite package and no longer get VS. This sounds like it was the most exciting and unpredictable Tour in years, and I regret missing it.

Congratulations to Cadel Evans and to his fellow Aussies.

web site: Dan Henderson, Photographer.com

blog: https://danhendersonphotographer.wordpress.com/

I am not anti-digital. I am pro-film.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin