Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,536   Posts: 1,544,149   Online: 902

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Well, at least it looks nice and accessible for a Saturday morning drive - just near the end of the freeway. I wonder what the parking is like.

But it's out of range for a weekday lunchtime visit from the CBD.

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    I have been told today that Vanbar does not accept E6 jobs for the next 5 days or so due to the move. Seems I need to wait a bit longer for my Blue-tongued Lizzard shots I took at Kangaroo Ground last weekend.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I drove past the Carlton store yesterday afternoon and it looked like they were just finishing the big move.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    There was a tweet on Twitter this afternoon from Vanbar saying that they are up and running at the new address.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Has anybody here visited the new store yet? Please tell me they have finally thrown out the expired FX39. I have a six year old son who was born after the expiry date.

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Caulfield View Post
    Has anybody here visited the new store yet? Please tell me they have finally thrown out the expired FX39. I have a six year old son who was born after the expiry date.
    I was there to pick up a film. Many shelves and displays were still empty. It looks like they have more space now. I did not pay attention to that FX39 :-) Although I pass the store twice per day, the new location is really inconvenient for me. I pass the store an hour before they open and two hours after they close.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    They're moving even further than I desire to go — by car, on foot or by bike. Having said that, it's true Vanbar is in need of a bigger premises than the old place in Carlton: it gets really cramped in there.

At the moment, it's the Colour Factory in Fitzroy that is attracting my gaze.
    Last edited by Poisson Du Jour; 09-22-2011 at 11:19 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    .::Gary Rowan Higgins

A comfort zone is a wonderful place. But nothing ever grows there.
    —Anon.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Thanks for the info, Joachim. A couple of months ago, I was very excited to find an unopened box of FX39 in the North Melbourne store. I asked one of guys to take it off the top shelf and open it, and what do you know, it was a full box the same old stock, expiry July 2005!!!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Having determined that the Fitzroy Vanbar seems like a bag shop with some photo stuff around the edges, I duly journeyed this afternoon to the North Melbourne store (which is now the more convenient one, location wise) to get some paper developer, and gleefully spotted two bottles of Adox Adonal, which I bought IMMEDIATELY. I only have 5 1/3 bottles of Rodinal left, so this will keep me going.... :-)

The guy said they have a regular supply of Adonal now, but there were only two bottles on the shelf - so I remain sceptical.

Marc!
    Marc Morel
    photographie argentique!
    ------------
    http://mrmarcmorel.wordpress.com/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I just checked out the Fitzroy store. It's certainly much bigger than Carlton, but as Marc said, it is pretty much a bag shop, with a little bit of photo stuff around the edges. The chemistry and paper offerings have been slimmed down a lot. There are very few developers. No more Paterson stuff. There are a few fridges with colour film, but I couldn't see very much B&W film at all, definitely not in view behind the counter.

But Marc you will be pleased to know they do seem to have plenty of Adonal. There were about nine bottles on the shelf and I think I saw at least one other full box behind those.

And by the way, everybody, the North Melbourne store WILL be closing and moving into Fitzroy. Then I'm guessing it will be even more of a bag shop.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin