Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,750   Posts: 1,483,839   Online: 1065

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Oh dear. I wonder what that means for those of us who buy raw chemistry?
    Cheers - Andy C
    ---------------------

16mm Cine, 35mm, 120, 5x4 & 7x5.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I'm guessing it wont be long until North Melbourne closes. They've already removed it from their website.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Oxleyroad View Post
    Oh dear. I wonder what that means for those of us who buy raw chemistry?
    Look on the bright side. Maybe now it might be organised...

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I wonder how they'll go, long term? When I studied photography eons ago at RMIT, every student bought their supplies there because it was within easy walking distance, and I'm sure they still picked up a lot of that trade, even though current RMIT students tend to organise bulk B&H purchases instead because it's soooo much cheaper, and of course it's mostly digital stuff, because there isn't a single darkroom at RMIT anymore :-( (I was helping a student in a computer lab a few months ago, when I looked around at the suspiciously black walls, and a couple of remaining amber safety lights, and realised to my dismay that the room had once been a very large darkroom indeed - instead it was now full of Mac towers and cinema displays).

Marc!
    Marc Morel
    photographie argentique!
    ------------
    http://mrmarcmorel.wordpress.com/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I was in the North Melbourne store today and asked how long they would be there and they said that they haven't really been kept in the loop but that it probably wouldn't be there for much longer. The receipts show the new Fitzroy address but also the North Melbourne one.

Marc, they had a shipload of Atomal at North Melb. There were about seven bottles sitting in the middle of the floor, but underneath those there were 12 boxes of 8 bottles each.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I wonder how many bottles I can buy before Christine has me sent to an institution....

Marc!
    Marc Morel
    photographie argentique!
    ------------

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by munz6869 View Post
    I wonder how many bottles I can buy before Christine has me sent to an institution....

Marc!
    Marc, if she hasn't already bought one, buy her a 'blad, and then you can buy all 12 boxes of 8.

I thought you had a massive stock of original Rodinal?

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Still looking for the perfect 'blad, Kevin, but that is a good point: "...but I need all this developer for YOUR great negs!", etc...

I've been going through my Rodinal at a rate of knots - partly because I use quite a low 1:25 dilution compared to most people (it seems), and partly because I've been shooting an awful lot of film this year, which isn't such a bad thing (ie if Kodak goes bankrupt, it can't be my fault, as the part of the fridge I've taken over is still full of yellow boxes and packets).

Marc!
    Marc Morel
    photographie argentique!
    ------------

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Woah!

Should have looked here earlier.

So, yes, we are in business at 450 Gore ST.

Yes, North Melbourne is closing to doors to the public in the next little while (weeks).

No, we haven't reduced our range of analogue photographic items. Not one, unless a distributor has discontinued it.

No, we haven't got more bags than we used to! They are just all over the place! (look out for bag sale..)

RAW chemistry is also here to stay I assure you, we have been receiving supply deliveries at our new location.

We currently have 137 bottles of Adonal in stock, nationwide.

Customers are welcome to park in the 4/5 car parks with the big "AUTHORIZED PARKING ONLY" signs on them. We have had to do this due to local construction workers using all of them!

The store is not currently 100% finished. We were forced to move in a very short time frame and as such things are still, frankly, a bit of a mess.

We are processing E-6 (135-4x5), C-41 (120-135) and B+W (120-135) in our lab, which is on-site and has been freshly serviced

Any other questions are best directed to lachiec@vanbar.com.au for prompt reply.

-Lachie
    Vanbar Fitzroy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Thanks for the info, Lachie. By the way, Maria will miss your regular lunch order.

I should correct my comment about the old FX39. It has an expiry date of July 2006, not 2005. I am still amazed they are selling stock that old though. However the newer FX39 I have been using has an expiry date of December 2009 and it has been working fine. They should be automatically applying a discount though - I don't see why the customer should have to request it.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin