Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,986   Posts: 1,524,020   Online: 901

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome from NSW, there seems to a lot of Apuggers in Adelaide, must be the water! Always great to see someone straying over from the lightroom to the darkroom, you will enjoy it.

Tony

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks for all the kind welcomes

Yeah your right you often forget how much we lug around with a gripped SLR and 3 lenses or more.

The guys there at central market are great. I have recently bought a 135mm 2.8 for the nikon for $90. He also let me have a play with his own personal X100! Im in there on Friday again so well see what they have on their shelves

So how do these MF SLRs handle with a prism. Looks like it would be awkward to hold in regards to the position of a shutter button and visual reference to shutter speed and aperture.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hello from another Adelaide MF user

Quote Originally Posted by nathan96 View Post
    So how do these MF SLRs handle with a prism. Looks like it would be awkward to hold in regards to the position of a shutter button and visual reference to shutter speed and aperture.
    It depends what sort of things you do or don't like. I'm using a Pentax 67ii (as well as a Pentax 6x7) which is a MF SLR; big and heavy but quite usable as it seems to have good "balance". It's not at all awkward to use in my opinion, it's just like a larger version of a 35mm SLR. The Pentax has an optional wooden grip which makes it very usable, but that's not to everyone's taste.

Shooter
    35mm
    The way those pentax camera are constructed are made for eye level use. Just like the mamiya rangefinder I'm after

I tried having a look on the net to find a picture of a person using a prism on a mamiya rz67 or a blad or similar where they are usually used at waist level.

It looks like you would have to 'cup' it from beneath with both hands like you are going to drink water from your hands and raise it to your eye....

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Welcome to the forum Nathan. I used to use a Bronica ETRS with a prism finder after using a waist level finder. The prism finder is easier to use because the image is the right way round. The prism finder is really great for candid shots. Most people don't believe you are actually taking a photo of them. If you can find an ETRS at a reasonable price get it. It dosen't weigh much more than a 35mm, but the image size is much bigger.
    cheers
    Mike

Shooter
    35mm
    Hello

Does anyone know the restrictions for posting a WTB add. Is it a number of post I have to make or do I need to become a subscriber etc.

I couldn't find the condition on the forum.

Cheers

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by nathan96 View Post
    Hello

Does anyone know the restrictions for posting a WTB add. Is it a number of post I have to make or do I need to become a subscriber etc.

I couldn't find the condition on the forum.

Cheers
    I think subscriber
    pentax 6x7,canon eos 300, crown graphic 4x5

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome to APUG, Nathan, from another Australian, touring the counrty and currently in Coral Bay - Ningaloo Reef/Western Australia.
    I wouldn't mind a Hasselblad despite the Sweedish SuperTrooper's well known awkward ergonomics.
    .::Gary Rowan Higgins

A comfort zone is a wonderful place. But nothing ever grows there.
    —Anon.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hey from another A-Towner

I've been looking at MF cameras, and for me, the only way to go is the waist-level finder. The picture you get from that is just so bright and clear, I've got my eye on a Mamiya RB67 once I'm ready to make the plunge.

Shooter
    35mm
    Yeah I'm looking for either a mamiya RF or TLR.

The things that sell me on these is leaf shutter, no mirror slap, no viewfinder blackout, and 6x6.

I know of 2 Hasselblad's sitting in bottom draws, both of which I'm trying to get a long term loan of. At least I can decide if a SLR is for me.

Until then I'm just trying as many different films as possible. The current lot is HP5 which will be the first rolls I develop!

I love the rotating backs on those RB's

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin