Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,962   Posts: 1,523,154   Online: 864

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Your score at the markets?

Let's see...

Yashica Contax 24mm 2.8 35mm 2.8 50mm 1.4 90mm 2.5 (this one is a Tamron Adaptall2 which I remember is effing amazing lens) 136mm DSB 2.8 set of CY extension tubes for $50 altogether, pristine condition.

4 developing tanks for $1 each, one for $5. A bulk loader for $5.

100ft of old as the hills HP3.

Some kodak books for $1 each, and "Perfect Negatives & How To Make Them" by Dr B.T.J. Glover, Seventh Impression from 1924 for $5.

Love the markets.

Unfortunately while I was looking at the Yashica stuff, I picked up a 20mm 3.5 and was prepared to pay any price for it, I asked the guy that was there who was at the front, but looked like he was organising stuff how much it was about 3 or 4 times, didn't get a response, then asked the lady behind the desk as I put it back down in front of me. He then grabbed it straight away and handed over cash for it.. $15 can you believe she sold that for.

Honestly I wanted to deck him pretty hard. I think he's a right c*. <b>Lesson</b>: Don't take your hand off shit even for a second. I let him know twice in polite words that he took it while I was in the middle of buying it basically.

I also missed a 55mm 2.8 macro which I went back for as I didn't realise it was a macro at the time. Picked up it and put it down again to pull cash out for it, then someone else grabbed it :/

Anyway, I don't think they noticed I was about to buy it, wasn't fuming like I was about the 20mm, as I realised later the Tamron 90mm is a 1:1 macro lens, and one heck of a damn lens.

I hope at least it is used regularly, if it's going to sit in some collection.. I wish I could go back and rip it out of his hands and tell him to f* off for being a sneaky little c*. Sounds crude but that really gets under my skin.

I'm not a fan of sniping collectors.

I was also at a table and it appears someone nicked a propack of Portra 160 120 I had there.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    all I got was a book, John Sextons Quite Light, and a little Rodenstock Geronar 210mm f6.8. Maybe mot the most respected len going but nice and light and works well when closed down.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Ah nice, at our table there was a 300mm f/5.6, schneider I think... don't think it sold.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Athiril View Post
    Let's see...

Yashica Contax 24mm 2.8 35mm 2.8 50mm 1.4 90mm 2.5 (this one is a Tamron Adaptall2 which I remember is effing amazing lens) 136mm DSB 2.8 set of CY extension tubes for $50 altogether, pristine condition.
    Holy crap!

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I'm impressed with your control. I would not have been so nice. But then nine years in NYC does that to you.

B2

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff L View Post
    Holy crap!
    Yeah, its my excuse to use 35mm seriously now, instead of just 120. They are all like they came from the factory yesterday or something, they are something simply beautiful. 20mm would have been the icing on the cake. Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by BillBingham2 View Post
    I'm impressed with your control. I would not have been so nice. But then nine years in NYC does that to you.

B2
    If he had actually said he needs it for his collection is or a collector (like many others there are), I simply would have taken it from him. I still hope it is for usage.

Shooter
    35mm
    Missed this one unfortunately and was really looking forward to finding a 6x6 enlarger. Back to ebay then...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    There were quite a few enlargers there.

eBay can be very good if youre willing to pick up.. late last year I picked up a Eurogon Dichroic, with everything needed for 35mm, 645->6x12 and 4x5" (in colour no less) for $60.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin