Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,288   Posts: 1,535,359   Online: 771

Shooter
    4x5 Format

Tetenal C41 advice

I am new to colour processing - and processing in general. All goes well except I end up with splotches all over the dried film. What I do is take the negatives straight out of the Jobo tank after the Stabiliser stage, and let them hang to dry.
    I just let them dry at room temperature.

They then dry with splotchy drying marks all over them. I was under the understanding that I should not rinse, or squeege colour film.
    What should I do, between taking them from the tank and hanging for drying?
    The Medium is the Massage - Marshal McLuhan
    www.abriefvisionoftime.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    The last rinse, which is the stabiliser, should pretty much evenly coat the film so that it dries properly. It should look like dishwashing liquid, a little bit bubbly. Some use a squeegee, but most don't. You can use your fingers to wipe the film, a finger on each side with the film in the middle, far better than a squeegee.

Shooter
    35mm
    I get the same thing and I believe it's due to the stabilizer not dissolving properly. I poured my prepared stabilizer through a coffee filter and ended up with a lot of white precipitate, probably as much as there was in the packet to begin with. Perhaps it needs to be heated when mixed? Stored above a certain temp? Warmed before use? I end up wiping the film down with Edwal negative cleaner after it dries.
    In life you only get one great dog, one great car, and one great woman. Pet the dog. Drive the car. Make love to the woman. Don't mix them up.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin