Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,934   Posts: 1,585,593   Online: 726

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images

Anamorphic Lens Design Theory - St Petersburg University Thesis - 11 files

I found that thesis at an Russian Site and paid 535 Rubles. Its in Russian , pdf form and text extractable. I translated with my Prompt Software in to English rtf. form and converted the file in to a pdf file. Last 10 pages are very complicated with cutaway images and I could not edit it. So its yours to put it to google translate these pages.

Every file is about 10 to 30 pages , each less than 1 MB for APUG.

There is 270 references about anamorphic lens design from 1950s to 2009 covers all the major Soviet and Foreign publications , patents and cutaway drawings.

There is intense geometric and aberration calculation section in the paper also.

Its very hard to reach anamorphic lens theory and whenever I saw it , I grasped the paper.

I am interested in Anamorphic lenses because I am thinking it was easier to cut a cylinder than sphere with a machine , for plastic mold to monocrystal original. I love the Italian Cowboy movies and the anamorphic shots where people narrow and long. My favorite lens.

If you are in the optics , it would be easy to understand some non translated but latinized words.

Let me attach translation pdf file first. Mathematical section is easier to follow.

FIND OTHER 10 FILES IN FOLLOWING POSTS.

Mustafa Umut Sarac
    Can you please ask easier questions ? One Apug members request .

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Wow. Quite the collection of Soviet anamorphic lens theory. After WWII and before the fall of the USSR the Soviets made quite a few anamorphic lenses for motion picture production. While B&L, Todd AO (+ a few more) and later Panavision were making anamorphic lenses for the west, the Soviets had a good program going on their own. I own some from the 60's, 70's and late 80's. The early ones were not that great of course, but the later ones from the 80's (Lomo) are quite good, and are often used even today on digital capture cameras like the RED and Arri Alexa. The Russians are in fact still producing similar lenses under the Hawk brand name, and they are well respected.

I take one exception: "I love the Italian Cowboy movies and the anamorphic shots where people narrow and long. My favorite lens." The narrow and long look (which I love as well) is an aspect ratio (currently 2.35:1). In the Italian Cowboy movies (known in the US as "spaghetti westerns") that aspect was achieved not with anamorphic lenses when shooting but with 35mm 2 perf pulldown which yielded a frame half as high (actually 2.66:1 which was cropped for projection to 2.4:1). They actually used spherical lenses. This was the Italian Technicolor process known as "Techniscope." The camera original was optically printed to a squeezed 4 perf (standard) internegative from which Technicolor (dye transfer) prints were made for projection, these were unsqueezed by the projector lens for presentation. One way you can tell is the absence of anamorphic lens artifacts, like oval rather than round highlights in background OOF areas.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Hello btaylor, Thank you so much for teaching me about Spaghetti trick. Now I know what kind of camera I want to build or buy .Do you know is there a pands camera for that ? Do you have Square front LOMO anamorphic lenses , they tend to start from 400 to climb 25000 dollars.Can you post images taken with your collection ?

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Is this a Lomo lens?

Duncan

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It says 35NAP2 and such was made by LOMO

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images

Better Translation of Anamorphic Lens Theory Thesis

If you want the full original russian paper , it is 6mb and I can e mail to you , no need to hassle with many parts.

Here is a better translation of paper.

Find it attached !

By the way , I will write to Sean to open a space for 6mb full ocr'ed paper.

Mustafa Umut Sarac
    Istanbul
    Attached Files

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images

GOOGLE DRIVE LINK OF FULL THESIS IN SINGLE PDF

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images

Anamorfik Lens Tasarım Teorisi Tez Çalışması , Rusça orjinal ve Türkçe Çevirisi - PDF

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bw_...it?usp=sharing

Merhaba, Yukarıdaki link'te St Petersburg Üniversitesi Anamorfik Lens Tasarım Teorisi tezi pdf olarak var.

Aşağıdada St Petersburg Üniversitesi Anamorfik Lens Tasarım Teorisi tezi Türkçe çevirisi pdf olarak var , tez ocr'lanmış durumda ve google'dan her dile çevirilebilir.

Matematik formülleri adobe tanıyamadı ve sayfa sayfa karşılaştırmanız gerekecek.

Sevgiler,

Umut
    Attached Files

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin