Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,905   Posts: 1,555,851   Online: 897

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images

Music Friction Instrument with Pyro Developed, Digital Negative Contacted 120 Film

I am thinking on musical instrument making for last 30 years and I think I want to make a instrument for masses.

Here it is.

You can record a sound and turn it in to digital negatives with transforming sound in to raster image like an cine film sound recording or turntable long play engraving in two dimension.

Than you print this thin strip 4 different record parallel and 6 mm distance on to long 100 cms digital negative.

Than you unroll and 120 film and contact print the digital negative on to film.

Pyro developed and an sound recording relief resulted.

Hardened.

You take that film and adhesive on to 6 cm wide metal , stone , plastic , plywood plate.

Than you adhesive an contact guitar microphone on to plate.

You can play the instrument with friction your fingers on to relief.

You can record synthesizer to human voice to notes to a bach fantasy on to strip.

Slower or faster you friction your fingers on to relief , you can play a bach fantasy slower faster or part by part or faster you fricton your fingers , you can change the pitch of human voice recording.

Mustafa Umut Sarac
    Istanbul

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Thanks John ,

An printing press can print hundreds in half an hour , or laser engraver could be used.

But they all out of my reach.

I selected gelatin protein best suitable to human voice.

You can make 10 strings lute with one roll of film.

You can print on plastic film with hot or cold press also.

I am lack of patience and finance of patent. But I dont want someone patented my idea also. Its for poor people.

Umut
    Can you please ask easier questions ? One Apug members request .

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mustafa Umut Sarac View Post
    I am lack of patience and finance of patent. But I dont want someone patented my idea also. Its for poor people.
    Oooopppsss:
    The Cat Is Out Of The Bag !

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    This has nothing to do with the process you detailed but it reminded me of something from the early 1970s.

In the UK, a cereal manufacturer was giving away 6" plastic strips which looked a bit like a cable tie with an enlarged bit at one end. You punched a hole in a cardboard box and threaded the plastic strip through. Then you pulled your thumbnail along the strip, onto which was moulded an audio track - usually part of a famous speech. The box acted as a soundboard.

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Steve ,

Thank you for such a excellent post. 70s.. all the world was so dynamic and interesting. I am only listening and looking and loving that time period music , art and everything. I am not buying any modern magazine , every color and dynamic is so sythetic , I can only think its for zombies. I think for an armchair traveller like me , printed media is so important , I cant relate with videos or HDR images and all world started to seem to me cold and arid.

I think I will live in morocco or argentina when the time is still looks old.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Smith View Post
    This has nothing to do with the process you detailed but it reminded me of something from the early 1970s.

In the UK, a cereal manufacturer was giving away 6" plastic strips which looked a bit like a cable tie with an enlarged bit at one end. You punched a hole in a cardboard box and threaded the plastic strip through. Then you pulled your thumbnail along the strip, onto which was moulded an audio track - usually part of a famous speech. The box acted as a soundboard.

Steve.
    Can you please ask easier questions ? One Apug members request .

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Smith View Post

Steve.
    I would like to see a video of that, for sure there is something on youtube ... ?

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin