Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,735   Posts: 1,515,459   Online: 1143

Shooter
    Multi Format

Modify a Polaroid packfilm to use standard batteries

This is a simple project that will cost less than the $7 Polaroid charges for a replacement battery, and allow you to use “N” cell batteries available in most pharmacies and camera shops. The project will take less than thirty minutes to complete and requires no special tools.

My instructions use N-cell batteries, rather than AAA, because it is easier to fit 3 of them into the battery chamber for 4.5 volt conversions. 3 volt conversions can use the same directions and a pair of AAA's.

The instructions are in two files, to get around the file size limits. The first outlines the minimal equipment requirements, the second is step-by step instructions. Fully illustrated.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Sean; 12-05-2006 at 06:21 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    comments from the previous article system:

By Troy - 05:18 AM, 08-08-2006 Rating: None
    Nice work. I did the same conversion a couple of years ago. The guy at Radio Shack sketched it out on the back of a receipt. Then I started my M3 Blue Dot madness.

By Murray@uptowngallery - 04:32 PM, 09-09-2006 Rating: None
    I started some Polaroid packfilm teardowns a while back and forgot which wire was + and which was -.

Can someone please clarify? I have black and white wires and I keep trying to intuitively rationalize whether they were like US ac power (black = 'hot', white = 'neutral'), or if black was 'ground' or 'common' as might be the case with a red/black pair.

Thank you

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin