Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,550   Posts: 1,544,777   Online: 1054

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm
    Blog Entries
    Images

Has the music anything to be with your photos?

Today it's a grey day in my city. It's no usually but I like it. I don't see blue sky. It's a cool day. We have 5 or 6 grades. It's perfect looking behind the windows as the rain was falling .......... but this is not at all. I was hearing music that makes me feel a lot. Prokofiev as example with his classic simphony or others more and my mind fly with a lot of ideas for work with phototography. Do you have the same feeling? It's the clasical music for you a way to inspare to take photos?
    The follies which a man regrets the most in his life are those which he didn't commit when he had the opportunity. (Helen Rowland)

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    "It's interesting this topic hasn't come up sooner."

WHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAT???????

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Let's see, where is that ignore user button....
    "Only dead fish follow the stream"

[APUG Portfolio] [APUG Blog] [Website]

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by sun of sand View Post
    It's not about the bike it ain't about the camera and it sure ain't about the music you listen to
    You miss the point I think. The OP isn't talking about playing music on an external source that he can physically hear (as can anyone else who is close enough). He's talking about music that comes unbidden into his head (that only he can hear) usually as a reaction to what he sees.

While this isn't exactly rare, it's also not exactly common. So if you don't hear music when you are photographing, you are probably in the majority.

So maybe this thread ain't about you. That's not a bad thing. It's just a thing.
    Bruce Watson
    AchromaticArts.com

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by keithwms View Post
    Let's see, where is that ignore user button....

I have no idea

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    oh its down here
    geez I found it within 4 seconds of looking

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Watson View Post
    You miss the point I think. The OP isn't talking about playing music on an external source that he can physically hear (as can anyone else who is close enough). He's talking about music that comes unbidden into his head (that only he can hear) usually as a reaction to what he sees.

While this isn't exactly rare, it's also not exactly common. So if you don't hear music when you are photographing, you are probably in the majority.

So maybe this thread ain't about you. That's not a bad thing. It's just a thing.
    He didn't mean that? OHHHHHHHH
    external source? physically hear? And people nearby would also be able to physically hear an external sound producing machine that he
    God, dude

Seriously, though
    I think you've missed it.
    Unbidden? really? That's more of a mental issue and if not than it would be quite rare -IMO ..to the point of making a thread about it on apug.org would be known by the poster to be near useless

This is not some case of some guy seeing numbers as colors this is this guy associating a piece of music/type of with a certain ..condition or whatever
    Rain in this instance
    I listened to this composers music and found it instantaneously "reminiscent of raindrops"

it's not anything special

this guy doesn't say he hears music when photographing, either
    He says music "inspires" him to photograph
    but really all I think hes saying is that music invigorates him to do things he enjoys doing

it does everyone, i think

it's just energy combined with memory mixed together with favorite pastimes

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sun of sand View Post
    god I hate all this music/photography-art correlation BS

I listen to all kinds of music in the car
    You think theres any radios in Nascar? Fkn doubt it

Its not about the bike it aint about the camera and it sure aint about the music you listen to
    I wonder what makes you say this. While I attempt to remove all distractions when I create something, including music. I realize others may need something. If music puts one in the mood to create what is the problem.

You seem to have problems with people connecting visually to music. I am curious, why so vehement?
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    It's Texas Music and Americana that gets me a good day in the darkroom!. However, we lost the radio station that plays that music, and the other closest station is too far away to get. Been searching for a way to stream the station (don't like recorded music, I like to be surprised, "fed" my music) while in the darkroom. So far, nothing has worked out. I haven't had a great day in the darkroom since! But gotta have some music! Tried it once without and it was so EMPTY!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I think that music and photography must excite similar areas of the brain. I think it shows you have a 'photographers mind'.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Regarding the brain, Andrew, I think that is a very important point that you make. What I suppose music and photography have in common is that they can bridge the two hemispheres and unite complex analytical thinking with a broader, spatial experience. Both music and photography (and all art) can be purely technical... we all know what that looks/sounds like! But in order to engage deeper emotions, the thought process has to move beyond the technical/analytical part of the brain. Perhaps that is the function of the background music, for me- to remind me that there are single notes played technically and perfectly... and then there are compositions that transcend all of the technicals.
    "Only dead fish follow the stream"

[APUG Portfolio] [APUG Blog] [Website]

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin