Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,884   Posts: 1,520,545   Online: 880

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format

P-80(П-80) PQ Developer

Hi,
    this is my favorite paper developer, and I find it amazing for its longevity and capacity.I've decided to share the recipe, hope this is the right place.

The developer is well buffered and develops with a neutral tone:
    П-80
    water - 750ml
    sodium sulfite, anh 20gr
    Hydroquinone 3,5gr
    Sodium Carbonate, anh 20gr
    Phenidone 0,15gr
    Sodium Bicarbonate 2,6gr
    Potassium Bromide 1,6gr
    Add water to 1 liter
    I use a 1% solution of phenidone in methyl alcohol, and add 15ml of that, instead.

I've had excellent results with this developer, and I hope someone else will, as well.
    Nikola

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This is extremely close to Ilford ID-78 and Agfa WA and is a warm-tone developer, and yes it will have a good dish life and capacity.

Ian

CBG

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Perhaps you could tell us what dilution, time, temperature you would recommend for using this developer? And maybe you could say what source this formula comes from? I like too have all that information listed together with each formula whenever I can. Thanks!
    Last edited by CBG; 01-27-2010 at 12:13 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Fingers move faster than brain...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ok, well this formula is for the dilute developer, as in it is ready to use. Moreover, at about 20C, a normal print comes out in 1-2min. It comes from a photography formula book in Bulgarian. According to it, the developer has been(dare I say) developed by a Bulgarian photographer, but as Ian has mentioned above, it's probably a variation of a common formula.However, this one uses sod. bicarbonate, which act as a very good buffer, but one must be careful, as if a too acidic stop may cause bubbles that separate the emulsion from the paper(so I have noticed with old paper).If there's anything else, ask ahead.
    Nikola

CBG

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Dear Nikoka, Thanks so much for the information on the source and usage of the developer! Could you add what the name of the photographer and the title of the book are?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The book is a Bulgarian one, called " Фотограгски рецептурен справочик" (Photographic Formulae Reference book) written by Vladislav Kiperov. The developer is acclaimed to have been created by G. Zahariev. One can,apparently, replace the bromide with BZTZ , in order to yield a more neutral, cooler tone.
    Nikola

CBG

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thank you so much Nikola!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    yeah, there are many interesting recipes in the Kiperov's book

CBG

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Alienguru View Post
    yeah, there are many interesting recipes in the Kiperov's book
    Care to post some of the most interesting? Thanks!

Images
    The usual abbreviation for "gram", which I am sure you meant, is "g", while "gr" is short for grains. Those of us with experience know what you meant, while some without mighr be confused.
    Gadget Gainer

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin