Switch to English Language Passer en langue fran軋ise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,281   Posts: 1,534,898   Online: 843

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format

Crawley's FX-37 Developer for T-Max/Delta Films

This developer is intended for use with T-Max and Delta films, although it will produce excellent results with traditional emulsions. FX-37 is designed to produce very sharp, tonally rich negatives with an EFS speed increase. It is not a fine grain developer and is not recommended for fast traditional films.

Increase the EFS by one-half to two-thirds of a stop.

Distilled water (50ーC) ................. 750 ml
    Sodium sulfite (anhy) .................. 60.0 g
    Hydroquinone ........................... 5.0 g
    Sodium carbonate (anhy) ................ 5.0 g
    Phenidone .............................. 0.5 g
    Borax .................................. 2.5 g
    Potassium bromide ...................... 0.5 g
    Benzotriazole, 1% ...................... 5.0 ml
    Distilled water to make ................ 1.0 l

All times are for the 1+3 dilution at 20 C. For increase speed dilute 1+5.

覧覧覧覧覧覧覧 EI Min 覧覧
    Fuji Neopan 400 500 6
    Neopan 1600 1600 5
    覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧
    Ilford Delta 100 160 8シ
    Delta 400 500 7ス
    Pan-F Plus 64 4
    FP4 Plus 160 4ス
    HP5 Plus 640 6ス
    覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧
    Kodak Plux-X 200 5ス
    T-Max 100 Pro 125 8
    T-Max 400 Pro 500 9
    T-Max 400 Pro 400 8
    T-Max 3200 1600 8
    Tri-X 500 6

Crawley stated that FX-37 is the closest published formula to FX-39

The benzotriazole can be eliminated if the bromide is increase to 1 g/l.

I have not tried this formula as I do not use either of the two classes of film mentioned. I include it here because some people do like these films.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Some interesting ideas from Clay Harmon in using FX-37 as an all purpose developer:

http://www.clayharmon.com/misc/BTZS.pdf

Shooter
    Medium Format
    The link above is now dead. I have a pdf download of the article and I'll try to place it in the Articles section here at APUG if I can get permission from the author.
    (the article ends with "no distribution without express permission of the author).

I can't find an email address for him.
    Last edited by john_s; 06-18-2014 at 05:41 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: added asking for permission

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by john_s View Post
    The link above is now dead. I have a pdf download of the article and I'll try to place it in the Articles section here at APUG if I can get permission from the author.
    (the article ends with "no distribution without express permission of the author).

I can't find an email address for him.
    Is this essentially the same as the Adox FX-39?

http://www.freestylephoto.biz/33830-...eveloper-500ml

Shooter
    35mm RF
    No he sold the IPR of one and published the formula of the other so buy one or mix other.

But the difference between either and Microphen or ID68 is going to need a step wedge...

Microphen will work in your faucet water and ID-68 is ok in mine, mine is uber hard.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Xmas View Post
    No he sold the IPR of one and published the formula of the other so buy one or mix other.

But the difference between either and Microphen or ID68 is going to need a step wedge...

Microphen will work in your faucet water and ID-68 is ok in mine, mine is uber hard.
    Will it keep like Rodinal? (Not 20 years but maybe 2 once opened?) The FX-39 version?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    Will it keep like Rodinal? (Not 20 years but maybe 2 once opened?) The FX-39 version?
    No, its keeping ability is closer to that of D-76. Rodinal and HC-110 are really the exceptions as far as longevity is concerned.
    A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral.

~Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerald C Koch View Post
    No, its keeping ability is closer to that of D-76. Rodinal and HC-110 are really the exceptions as far as longevity is concerned.
    D-76 is a powder, and I thought it only lasts a week once mixed? The whole bottle of FX-39 can't expire that quick after opening?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    D-76 is a powder, and I thought it only lasts a week once mixed? The whole bottle of FX-39 can't expire that quick after opening?
    Kodak's conservative value for D-76 when mixed is 6 months. People on APUG also mention greater values near 9 months, when keep in full glass bottles.
    A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral.

~Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Shooter
    35mm RF
    The Kodak powder as stock is good for 6 mouths in one of your glass bottles or longer, Microphen the Ilford PQ ditto, Ive kept mine in plastic concertinas for 3m. The FX might drift more.

Rodinal is good as dregs for 25 years personal experience.

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format

Memories are made of this

Quote Originally Posted by Xmas View Post
    The Kodak powder as stock is good for 6 mouths in one of your glass bottles or longer, Microphen the Ilford PQ ditto, Ive kept mine in plastic concertinas for 3m. The FX might drift more.

Rodinal is good as dregs for 25 years personal experience.
    That's been my experience too.
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive     Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin