Switch to English Language Passer en langue franÁaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,856   Posts: 1,582,990   Online: 1069

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images

StoŽckler Two Bath

BATH A
    Metol- 5gr
    Sodium Sulphite- 100gr
    Water to make 1 liter

BATH B
    Borax- 10gr
    Water to make 1 liter

3-5 minutes in each bath. Do not presoak or rince between baths.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The StoŽckler Two Bath Recipe as published by StoŽckler in 1938:

Solution A
    Metol 3 g
    Sodium sulfite 30 g
    Water to make 1 liter

Solution B
    Sodium carbonate 15 g
    Sodium sulfite 3 g
    Water to make 1 liter

Less sulfite and a different alkali in this (the original StoŽckler version?)
    Tom Hoskinson

Everything is analog - even digital :D

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If the formula in the previous post (containing 3 g of metol) was taken from the Per Volledal web site, home.powertech.no/pervo/cookbook.htm, then it does not really say that this is the Stoekler formula. The article can be interpreted differently. Indeed this formula does not agree with any other references to the Stoekler formula. It might be best to refer to this formula as the Volledal two bath formula.
    Last edited by Gerald Koch; 11-08-2006 at 04:54 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerald Koch View Post
    If the formula in the previous post (containing 3 g of metol) was taken from the Per Volledal web site, home.powertech.no/pervo/cookbook.htm, then it does not really say that this is the Stoekler formula. The article can be interpreted differently. Indeed this formula does not agree with any other references to the Stoekler formula. It might be best to refer to this formula as the Volledal two bath formula.
    Both Barry Thornton's books "Elements" and "Edge of Darkness" refers to the StŲeckler formula with 5g Metol. In "Edge of Darkness", Thornton says that he found the formula in an article by Heinrich StŲeckler in a copy of Leica News and Technique from 1938.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I'm just looking into developing colour at home, is this a suitable method? my main plan is to be cross processing slide films.
    Thanks

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by clintonhayden View Post
    I'm just looking into developing colour at home, is this a suitable method? my main plan is to be cross processing slide films.
    Thanks
    No, it will only work with conventional b&w films. I find it really nice with Ilford PanF+ @ EI 25, 4mins in each bath.

What the previous posts failed to mention is that agitation should be continuous in the first bath and no agitation at all in the second (although I'm sure there are different idesa, too!)

Rob

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  ó   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin