Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,691   Posts: 1,548,939   Online: 793

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Article: DK-50 Dilutions

Shooter
    4x5 Format

DK-50 Dilutions

I'm looking for guidance on using DK-50 at 1:3 dilutions, and approximate starting developing times, especially with modern films (TMY-2, Acros).

There's supposed to be an old thread in the articles on DK-50, but as the front page of this forum says "*DATA FROM THE OLD SYSTEM IS BEING IMPORTED SOON, PLEASE DO NOT RE-ADD YOUR OLD CONTENT."

Seems it's been being imported soon for the last year or so. Anybody have the info from that old posting?

Thank you for any suggestions.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Ian,

Understood. I think I got the 1:3 ratio (for standard DK-50) from a different thread on DK-50. I'll try the BJ dilution with the additional metaborate.

Thank you,
    Charlie Strack

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Yes, please tell how it works. I have a bunch of old bags of DK-50 that never seem to make it to the Deep Tank stage.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    This is a reply I gave to a DK50 thread but I thought I would centralize it here in this article.

This is the recipe for the Kodak DK50 Film Developer as well as the DK50-R Replenisher according to an old Amphoto B&W Processing Databook.

DK50

Popular tank developer for commercial and portrait photography.

Water (52C or 125F)
    500.0 cc
    Kodak Elon Dev Agent (Metol)
    2.5 grams
    Sodium Slfite, dessicated
    30.0 grams
    Hydroquinone
    2.5 grams
    Kodalk (Sodium Metaborate)
    10.0 grams
    Potassium Bromide
    0.5 grams
    Add cold water to make 1 litre

Dissolve chemicals in the order given.
    Do not dilute for tank development. Develop for 5-10 minutes at 20C (68F). (Note: time scale indicates 5'00" at 75F/ 6'15" at 70F/ 7'00" at 68F/ 8'00" at 65F/ 10'00" at 60F) Decrease time by 1/5th for tray development.

DK50-R Replenisher

Water (52C or 125F)
    750.0 cc
    Kodak Elon Dev Agent (Metol)
    5.0 grams
    Sodium Sulfite
    30.0 grams
    Hydroquinone
    10.0 grams
    Kodalk (Sodium Metaborate)
    40.0 grams
    Add cold water to make 1.0 litre.

Dissolve chemicals in the order given.
    The replenisher should be diluted to the same ratio as the developer it replenishes. Add to developer as needed to maintain the level of the developer. If the density of the negative is not maintained, discard some of the developer from the tank at intervals and replace with replenisher.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin