Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,901   Posts: 1,584,475   Online: 944

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

Ansco Film Developers

Here are some Ansco film developer recipes not already published here on APUG that I could find.

In all recipes, dissolve chemicals in the order given unless otherwise noted. And always use observe safe precautions when handling chemicals.

ANSCO FILM DEVELOPER 17

A replenishible fine grain film developer that produces soft gradation on portrait and commercial sheet film. Was also used to process motion picture negatives.

WATER(52C or 125F)---------750.0 cc
    METOL----------------------1.5 g
    SOIUM SULFITE,DESSICATED-80.0 g
    HYDROQUINONE--------------3.0 g
    BORAX,GRANULAR------------3.0 g
    POTASSIUM BROMIDE--------0.5 g
    ADD COLD WATER TO MAKE--1.0 litre

Tank Dev Time: At 20C, 10-15 minutes for fine grain films, 12-20 minutes for press and portrait sheet films.
    Tray Dev Time: At 20C, 8-12 minutes depending on the film type and desired density.

ANSCO REPLENISHER 17a

WATER(52C OR 125F)----------750.0 cc
    METOL------------------------2.2 g
    SODIUM SULFITE,DESSICATED--80.0 g
    HYDROQUINONE----------------4.5 g
    BOEAX,GRANULAR--------------18.0 g
    ADD COLD WATER TO MAKE----1.0 litre

Add 1/2 to 3/4 ounce of replensiher to Ansco Developer 17 to maintain level of developer as needed. If density of negative thin out, discard some developer and level off with replenisher as needed. When replenished in this manner, no time increase is necessary. Discard developer when an equal amount of replenisher has been added.

ANSCO FILM DEVELOPER 47

Ansco 47 is similar to Kodak D-61a diluted to half strength. Hence, Ansco 47 is called for at full strength where D-61a is called for diluted.

ANSCO FILM DEVELOPER 48M

A versatile, replenishible film developer for deep tank processing with excellent keeping qualities.

WATER(52C OR 125F)-----------750.0 cc
    METOL-------------------------2.0 g
    SODIUM SULFITE, DESSICATED--40.0 g
    HYDROQUINONE----------------1.5 g
    SODIUM METABORATE----------10.0 g
    POTASSIUM BROMIDE-----------0.5 g
    ADD COLD WATER TO MAKE-----1.0 litre

DO NOT DILUTE FOR USE.
    Tank Dev: Normal Developing time 5-7 minutes at 20C.
    Tray Dev: Normal Developing time 4-6 minutes at 20C.
    These times apply to most films, packs, rolls and sheets.

ANSCO 48M REPLENISHER

WATER(52C OR 125F)---------750.0 cc
    METOL-----------------------6.3 g
    SODIUM SULFITE,DESSICATED-30.0 g
    HYDROQUINONE---------------10.0 g
    SODIUM METABORATE---------40.0 g
    ADD COLD WATER TO MAKE----1.0 litre

Add 1/2 to 3/4 ounce of replensiher to Ansco Developer 48 to maintain level of developer as needed. If density of negative thin out, discard some developer and level off with replenisher as needed. When replenished in this manner, no time increase is necessary. Discard developer when an equal amount of replenisher has been added.

ANSCO FILM DEVELOPER 90

A high contrast developer for Ortho films that can produce brilliant negatives. Can be adapted for higher contrast work such as line work by doubling the potassium bromide* content.

WATER(52C OR 125F)----------------750.0 cc
    METOL------------------------------5.0 g
    SODIUM SULFITE,DESSICATED--------40.0 g
    HYDROQUINONE----------------------6.0 g
    SODIUM CARBONATE,MONOHYDRATED-40.0 g
    POTASSIUM BROMIDE*---------------3.0 g
    ADD COLD WATER TO MAKE-----------1.0 litre

DO NOT DILUTE FOR USE.
    Normal developnment time, 4-6 minutes at 20C.

Although I have double checked this article for accuracy, I cannot be held liable for damage to any products used with these formulae or for any injury resulting from misuse or unsafe practices.

Source: BLACK/WHITE PROCESSING DATA BOOK - CARROLL - AMPHOTO - C. 1972 - ISBN 0-8174-0549-6
    Thank you.
    CWalrath

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    35mm
    hi, where can i get the chemicals needed?
    borek

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    There may be a few online sources. But I would think the simplist would be to contact the local high school chemistry teacher. Introduce yourself and ask if you might be able to add-on to an order. Or if they have any overstock they might be selling off. I am not familiar with chemical suppliers in you area so there will be others who could answer more authortatively than I.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin