Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,545   Posts: 1,572,840   Online: 1025

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images

Flora Google, Visual Inspection of Vegetation with Narrow Band Filters

I am researching remote sensing technologies and photographing the scene with different narrow band filters to make a false color composite.
    My aim is to identify minerals at a location or see underground remainings of ancients with photographing plains with these filters on panaromic cameras. But I found that this is only possible with IR films and IR filters.

If you want to scan in visual band , the filters generally gives information on vegetation.

I looked to the Edmund Scientific website and narrow band filter prices starts from 90 dollars and easily climbs to 200 dollars.

I decided to search in China and filters starts from 50 cents !!!

I thought if a satellite with 500-600 gap is able to gain information on moisture of vegetation or the some ill effect of organisms on vegetation ,
    I found something interesting.

If I buy these narrow band filters for example 520 peak , and if I look to the forest with eye and filter , could it possible to detect what would be detected at an bw image ?

If yes, I think I can start with little money and send the filters to the farming societies and farming engineers to leap an giant step.

I think it would be possible to produce eyeglasses with these filters also like german ww2 motorcycle soldier ones

I am waiting your comments with excitement.

Thank you for reading,

Mustafa Umut Sarac
    Istanbul
    Last edited by Mustafa Umut Sarac; 03-07-2013 at 09:54 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    hayırlısı inşallah!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin