Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,523   Posts: 1,543,813   Online: 769

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Shooter
    35mm

B&w slide tried and true process

Kodak T-Max 100 (@100)

First development: Tetenal Eukobrom 1+5 (42ml) for 11 minutes at 20°C, add 125ml of a 2% di sodium hypo concentrate (equalling 2,5g of the same chemical specimen in 250ml), 1 inversion of 5 seconds every 15 seconds; diluition guideline: 125ml → 167ml → 250ml; start with 125ml of a 2% sodium hypo, then add 42 ml of developer (up to 167ml) then add water up to 250ml;

Washing: modified Ilford method 5/10/20/20 with tap water adding EDTA 2g/l;

Bleaching: 4g potassium permanganate in 1000ml of pure distilled water (stock solution A), 40g sodium bisulfate in 1000ml of pure distilled water (stock solution B); mix in a separate container 62ml from stock A and 125ml from stock B, then top it off to 250ml with pure distilled water; 5 minutes using constant agitation; it's paramount to prepare this solution just before use;

Clearing: 25g sodium metabisulphite in 1000ml of pure distilled water, 2 minutes using 1 inversion of 5 seconds every 15 seconds;

II° exposure: at the distance of 10 cm from a fluorescent bulb exposing for 1 minute each side of the spiral, mantaining it on the tank full of pure distilled water;

II° development: Tetenal Eukobrom 1+9 (25ml) for 6 minutes at 20°C (for other temperatures check the Ilford Conversion Table), 1 inversion of 5 seconds every 15 seconds;

Fixing: add 5m of Tetenal Härter to 30ml of Agfa Agefix and then top it off to 250ml; treat for 5 minutes, 1 inversion of 5 seconds every 15 seconds;

Photo-flo: add 0,25ml of Agfa Agepon to 250ml of pure distilled water;

Hang to dry in a dust free environment (I use a home made film dryer using a Toyota air intake filter and a hair dryer under a big plastic bag)
    Last edited by Alessandro Serrao; 04-24-2007 at 04:21 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Grant View Post
    The Permanganate should be acidified with Sulphuric acid.
    Not necessarily.
    Any strong acid would do.
    Sulphuric is recommended only because it's readily available.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by wildbill View Post
    I'm in search of the chemicals for the above process but i want to make sure i'm getting the right SODIUM BISULFATE. Artcraft doesn't have it listed and i've only found it at two places that want about $40 per 125grams. Does this sound right? That seems pricey when i'd need 1/3 or that for a batch of bleach. Can someone post a link to a source? Is this something i can get at a pool supply store?
    vinny

Soudium Bisulfate it's available as a Ph minus from any shop that sells pool chemicals.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Alessandro Serrao View Post
    Not necessarily.
    Any strong acid would do.
    Sulphuric is recommended only because it's readily available.
    Not at all true, if you use Hydrochloric Acid you will re-halogenate the silver developed in the first developer and then this will be exposed and developed again.

Ian

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Grant View Post
    Not at all true, if you use Hydrochloric Acid you will re-halogenate the silver developed in the first developer and then this will be exposed and developed again.

Ian

Good to know.
    I'm only developing by trial and error.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Are there any convenient sources of sulfuric acid that are available possibly locally without having to source it through a chemical supply house?
    Is muriatic acid a possible substitute?

Shooter
    Large Format
    I should have RTFM, muriatic acid IS hydrochloric acid. Ooops.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Sodium Bisulfate, when dissolved in water becomes a complex of sulfuric acid and sodium sulfate. I use it successfully in my bleach. I find it easier to handle, measure, clean up, etc.

You can find some at a pool supply store. It is sometimes sold as "pH down".

Shooter
    Large Format
    Thanks for the heads up. Not that I have anything to hide from the DEA but I find that filling out that form and subjecting myself to their scrutiny would not be worth it in the least for 100ml of sulfuric acid.

Thanks again!

Shooter
    Large Format
    You can buy sulfuric acid at an auto supply shop. They keep it behind the counter. It is used to top off lead-acid batteries. Just figure out the concentration and dilute down.

BTW, I wouldn't concern yourself with the DEA form. Do you know how many people fill those out every day? You are a grain of salt in the ocean.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by amuderick View Post
    You can buy sulfuric acid at an auto supply shop. They keep it behind the counter. It is used to top off lead-acid batteries. Just figure out the concentration and dilute down.

BTW, I wouldn't concern yourself with the DEA form. Do you know how many people fill those out every day? You are a grain of salt in the ocean.

I agree.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin